The unofficial Jetter Mars fan site

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

Hey all, here's a cool link to the only Jetter Mars fan site:
http://www.geocities.jp/jetter_mars2015/

Sorry the site's in Japanese, I coudn't get Google to translate properly, so if anyone could translate the site for me, I'd appreciate it. :)
Watch him fight with a hutensugi. What's a hutensugi, well it's a funny drawing of an ugly pig Osamu Tezuka's sister drew and it's appeared in most of Tezuka's anime and manga. It usaully shows up at random for comic relief. :lol:

Ok a bigger question you might ask, Who's Jetter Mars? Well he's basically the 70's version of Astro. In the late 70's Tezuka was in limbo. Having lost Mushi Productions in the early 70's and having lost the main manga magazine he published Astro in, back in '68, and he had not yet formed his new anime company Tezuka Prod., so he was on hard times, but he still had work with other studios, like Toei productions, hope I spelled it right. They are a toy company in japan, and yes there were a lot of Jetter Mars toys made from this anime.

I think at the time there may have been legal battles for him to use Astro with there studio, so he redesigned Astro and gave him a new name Jetter Mars, evan some new theme songs, there great. But the basic story of an innocent little boy robot that becomes a super hero is still there. Evan most of the same supporting characters are there, like Tameo, Shibugaki, and Kenichi are there, as well as Rock Holmes, I think Daddy Walrus too and lots more. Evan the villans are the same like Dam-Dam, the headless robot, and I think I saw Pluto in one pic.

This show only ran one season, about 27 eps. or so, but to this day, has a cult following. Here's the Tezuka link:
http://en-f.tezuka.co.jp/anime/sakuhin/ts/ts016.html

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Postby tic_tac_astro » 19 years ago

OH, I've seen that website before.
It was one of the sites that was found on that fullspeed astro boy link page.
I've never seen the frontpage before.

Thank you, you're too kind.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

:lol:
The animated GIF of Jetter Mars struggling with a Hyoutan-Tsugi is a real gem.

It won't let me save it tho. :cry:
*bother*
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Strange Wings@Apr 1 2005, 09:02 PM
*bother*

Hehe, you should switch to Mozilla: right-click -> copy image location B)
http://www.geocities.jp/jetter_mars2015/top.gif

Good thing I test ALL the links before validating the post: the image is protected against foreign referrals :o Clicking on the link created by the forum didn't work, but copy-paste the link works :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 19 years ago

Originally posted by fafner+Apr 2 2005, 06:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fafner @ Apr 2 2005, 06:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Strange Wings@Apr 1 2005, 09:02 PM
*bother*

Hehe, you should switch to Mozilla: right-click -> copy image location B)
http://www.geocities.jp/jetter_mars2015/top.gif [/b][/quote]
I run IE6 and all I did was wait for it to load then place my pointer over it and the little "Save,Print,Email,Open" Doohikkey came up and I saved it that way. But "Right Click...save picture as" worked too. But yeah...Sweet gif... :D

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

:lol: Welcome back Loubear. I'm glad you liked the Jetter animated gif. I just wish I could translate the whole site. Both Google and Bablefish did an incomplete job and pics and other stuff was missing. It is possible to highlight text and translate it, but then it's in litteral translated form, :wacko: makes little sense.

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Hi everyone.

Does anyone know where I could get some Jetter Mars dvds or at least the soundtrack, evan on LP. There was some blurb about dvds on the Jetter site, but it's all in Japanese so I don't know what it's about. There was plenty of nice pics of old Jetter record covers.

Having all the Astro of the 60's, 80's and today, I'd like to have the 70's Astro(Jetter) to complete my Astro collection. ;)

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 19 years ago

I've only ever seen one VHS copy of the first episode for sale, and that was from a collecter who would make a copy for a very reasonable price. Don't remember the site's addy or name, but I could probably find it on one of my bookmark/favorites backups. That was around 1998 when I found it.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”