THE TRAILER

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Attackspeed
Kokoro Robot

Postby Attackspeed » 15 years ago

It's impressive, but I'm a bit disappointed. :(
They're going for a Disney/Dreamworks look, which I'd rather not go with. They're trying to make him appealing to the new generation of younger children, which is fine, but it won't appeal to many old Astro Boy fans.

I guess I just wish it had a sign of being 'deeper'.
Wait...my post made no sense. Disregard it. :d evil:

Ninjatron
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Ninjatron » 15 years ago

"Attackspeed" wrote:It's impressive, but I'm a bit disappointed. :(
They're going for a Disney/Dreamworks look, which I'd rather not go with. They're trying to make him appealing to the new generation of younger children, which is fine, but it won't appeal to many old Astro Boy fans.

I guess I just wish it had a sign of being 'deeper'.

This is just a teaser trailer to whet or appetites and announce to the world that the movie is on its way. Remember the TMNT teaser didn't show very much as far as the story goes. There will be more as the movie draws closer.

The look doesn't surprise me much. Tezuka had a very graphic style that doesn't nessesarily translate well to 3D without looking silly. Tezuka himself loved to revise and revisit his old work, so I am sure he would approve of this. The 3D designs suit the characters fine.

Sayonara.
Image Image
Image Image

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 15 years ago

I like their designs just fine. :D If they looked too anime, sadly, it might deter a lot of North American viewers.
Also, I love how fluffy and realistic the clouds look when Astro is flying around. This movie...this movie will be the highlight of my 2009. I can't wait to see what all the characters will look like before then.

Also, I captured a picture of Tenma & "Elefun" for anybody's movie picture colletion:

I just noticed how spindly Tenma's fingers are. :eek:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 15 years ago

I was afraid I wasn't going to ever be able to get used to Astroboy in 3D, but I'm starting to think that I might be able to enjoy it...

Wow, the movie suddenly seems so real and so close. I hope it has a lot of success so there can be more of them. :D

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

yeah it dose!

MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 15 years ago

This looks very fantastic. I would love to see Princess Knight and Kimba get the same treatment in addition to further Astroboy installments. I would treasure such additions to my Tezuka library.

sdp
Kokoro Robot

Postby sdp » 15 years ago

The teaser of TMNT (also made by IMAGI) was nothing like the movie, the teaser was a lot darker. The movie turned out good but not amazing like it looked to be. So this teaser might not be like the actual movie.

The Character designs look AWFUL though, Tenma/Elefun look like horrible and generic. They might grow on me but first impressions for me is "I hate them".

Astro Boy looks bad as well, not as bad but he looks too GD realistic. I think I actually saw the hair on his head animated. He's a robot and is supposed to look like a robot. Besides that his design is not too bad.

Ninjatron
Rocket Ball Champion

Yep, his hair definitely fluttered in the wind as he flew. So I guess he has rooted hair. Not my preference, personally, since it was implied through technical drawings that he had some kind of robotic parts under each point. But not a big deal.

Sayonara.
Image Image
Image Image

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

wait, ninjatron...i read in a book call lets draw manga astro boy (good book!) and there is a section call is astro boy's hair soft and it said that :it appers to be stiff but when flying at lighting speed its swooshed back." so maybe thats where there bacing it off of....

Ninjatron
Rocket Ball Champion

"AstroBoyGF" wrote:wait, ninjatron...i read in a book call lets draw manga astro boy (good book!) and there is a section call is astro boy's hair soft and it said that :it appers to be stiff but when flying at lighting speed its swooshed back." so maybe thats where there bacing it off of....

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Tezuka could get away with that in manga, but I guess in 3D animation is works better just to give him hair.

Edit: Movie Website is ONLINE: http://www.astroboy-themovie.com/

Sayonara.
Last edited by Ninjatron on Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”