I like the :O face.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Everyone does XD I think it could be an internet meme XD

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 14 years ago

I really like that face, too. But I may or may not have even seen that episode; the cartoon flip-flopped from Kid's WB (where I watched it) to Cartoon Network a lot, from my understanding, and I didn't have cable then. Heck, I still don't have it now... And even if it aired where I could see it, there's no guarantee I watched it; I don't think I watched every episode that came on. It mostly aired on weekdays, if I remember correctly, and that is rather unusual for new episodes to air during the week instead of on a Saturday. I had homework then, and I wasn't allowed to watch cartoons until I finished it... on most days, anyway. I remember I had the same sense of embarrassment watching it then as I do about being a fan of the series now. And I couldn't watch it all the time. In fact, I think I missed a lot of episodes that came on Saturdays, but that was mostly due to my failure to get up early enough.

Hmm... my ability to actually be a fan is limited, however, due to a very limited exposure. I'd like to read the original comics/manga and watch all the old cartoons. I also wish they'd bring the 2003 series (my first real experience with the little guy) over to America in an uncut form. Although I don't think the butchering they did bothered me that much when I was a kid... I don't think I knew about most of it, but I do think I knew about the soundtrack. It barely phased me then, but now, all these years and tons of Zelda games later, my appreciation of orchestrated soundtracks has greatly increased, and now, I see this as an outrage.
lolwut

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

The shot comes from Uran's second episode where she's just made a mess after trying to make a cake. That's Astro's reaction
Though not uncut, the whole series is on Youtube officially as is the 80s series. The original manga can be found on Amazon

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 10 years ago

was that "Obamacon" or Obamacommie"
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:Over at Obamicon.me I made some Obama parody posters of our favorite little hero ^^
So, which one do you think would make a better T-shirt? I'm leaning towards the first and third ones myself. Oh, and one more...
:lol: I don't plan to make this one into a T-shirt

The last one wins the honor of being selected into "Kuo-Yi's Collection of Drawings".
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Windswept Cloak
Banned
Location: Sitting at my desk, surrounded by books and papers.

Postby Windswept Cloak » 10 years ago

"Little Brown Fox" wrote:I actually like the second. The third is also nice. All three of them would work, though.

Henh, you and your silly little tushy shots. He has got to have the bubbliest butt I have ever seen, though.

The :O face is cute, too. But I don't remember seeing it... then again, I've only seen the screen shots of the 2003 eps in that one topic. I don't remember much of the cartoon from when it aired when I was still a kid. ... But it wasn't that long ago, now that I recall... four, five, six years, now?

The second sentence in the post above made me laugh my head off. (Screws my head back on and keeps reading) <---- Just kidding
I joined this forum in late 2013 when I was 15 going on 16. Ignore my oldest posts, they embarrass me so much that I've considered permanantly leaving the forum more than once. I've grown out of my fangirling phase over Black Jack, Atom and Uran ages ago but the memories still embarrass me at times... :unsure: Though, I try to be more open-minded about it and accept it as an "interesting stage of my life". :tezuka:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”