Astro Boy Reboot (Future animated series)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Umbral-Coltwings » 9 years ago

It's a little surprising how much they're planning, even though they have only released the trailer so far. Shouldn't they have finished more by now? :unsure:

*but*

I kinda hope that they'll do something for Astro's birthday.
:hyo: whoops

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Postby Little Brown Fox » 9 years ago

Oooh, that's a good point. That'd be nice; I just hope that they're actually aware of it. (It's not impossible, you know...)
lolwut

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

I guess they didn't. It didn't seem too likely, sadly. It would've been nice for a sneak peek at the first episode, or at least to hear Astro's voice.

Speaking of that, does anyone have any idea what he might sound like? I'm not really thinking Freddie Highmore, though. (I don't know why.:confused :)

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

I can't imagine they'd go that route again, but who knows. I'd like to hear what it sounds like, myself. Of course, I'd also settle for a vague idea of the plot, other characters, etc., etc...
lolwut

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

Eh, just as long as he doesn't sound like a jerk, I'm happy. But yeah, some plot would be nice.

I've been checking and checking, and nothing from the ABR team. :( I know it's still kind of early, but I tend to obsess...

When they say soon, it drives me insane. How soon do they mean? (Just venting a little, don't mind it that much. :p )
Last edited by Umbral-Coltwings on Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

I suppose I should mention that Shibuya Productions will be at MIP TV this week, but considering the event's attendees will be business-people only and will involve international business deals, I'm guessing that we won't hear anything ABR-related from the event. Plus, if you look at this link, you can see that Shibuya Productions is listed as a "visiting company", meaning that they won't be exhibiting any of their shows at the event.

However, if Astro Boy Reboot is to be broadcasted internationally, this is the place that Shibuya will start the process of meeting companies that will do that for them.

Nonetheless, I'll be keeping a lookout for any news that might come from the event. Otherwise, I'm not expecting any news for this series for a while.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Ah, poo. We all must know that whenever someone says "soon", it really means not soon at all. Especially given their particular track record; it took a lot longer to even release the teaser than originally planned...
lolwut

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 9 years ago

The ABR page in the Projects section of Shibuya Productions' official site has slightly updated with the teaser video as well as a short summary. Here's what it says:

http://www.shibuya-productions.com/en/projets.html

Astroboy Reboot is a family animation series.

The story is about a powerful little robot who thinks that in order to be loved he would have to be a real little boy.

But he is super-rational, super-logic and super-strong, he doesn’t know how to lie, he doesn’t know how to play…. anyway, he is really not a little boy!

However, even if he doesn’t know how to handle them, he has feelings. Living adventures with his two human best friends Fubuki and Akino, he is going to learn how to accept himself the way he is with his weaknesses and …his strengths.

So, it sounds like they're going with a slight Pinocchio motif for this series. Also, we now have the names of two yet-to-be-shown characters: Fubuki and Akino, who are Astro's two human best friends in this series.
Last edited by Shiyonasan on Mon Apr 13, 2015 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Meant to put "they're" instead of "their".

Little Brown Fox
On a Flight into Space

Ah sweet! This is great, and it sounds awesome; I can't wait!

This is actually a fairly different take on Astro. It is a little bit Pinocchio-esque for the series; this is an interesting direction...

Of course, this probably means no siblings...
lolwut

Umbral-Coltwings
Rocket Ball Champion

It seems really interesting!
Maybe he thinks he has to be human to be loved because of how Tenma wants him to grow...? :confused: It's a pretty low chance, especially since they have the freedom of changing the story.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”