Astro Boy lookalike

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 21 years ago

Let me see if I can name them, skipping the big guy in the back-- No, that is Garon, the guy who tried to change earth's atmosphere!

Police Inspector Tawishi/Gumshoe, Rock, Higeoyagi/ Mustachio/Mr. Pompus/Daddy Warlrus, Tezuka Osamu, ..., Chief what'shis face ,Ham Egg/ Catachatorie/ Viper Snakely (of Kimba T. W. L.), ..., Lamp, ..., Kenichi/Ken, ..., Theodore/Tamao, Shibugaki/Alvin/Meany?, ..., ..., :D

gbrycki
Kokoro Robot

Postby gbrycki » 21 years ago

Originally posted by jeffbert@Jun 23 2003, 01:38 PM
Let me see if I can name them, skipping the big guy in the back:

Big guy in the back is Majin Garron (sp?) I believe...or Golemn in the Astro-Boy animated series. He appeared in Astro Boy, plus the manga version of Ambassador Magma and he even had his own manga.

Majin Garron was the most powerful creature in the galaxy, and a complete berzerker unless his companion...a small child that seemed to live in Garron's heart-shaped chest cavity...then he became docile. This was not used in the Astro-Boy series, I believe. But did occur in Ambassador Magma and the Majin Garron series.

What or who he was in the Jetter Mars series I'm not sure.

Wow...interesting pic, tho...didn't realize there were that many Astro-Boy supporting characters used in the Mars series.

G

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Isn't that big blue guy, the one who changed the atmosphere?
:o

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I just viewed the Jetter Mars opening sequence/credits. No doubt, this series influenced the shape of the siblings in the 80s Astroboy series. Shorter, rounder, and huge noggins. Uran became a much younger appearing sister, seemingly 4-6 'years' 'old', while Atom, whom the manga put at '12', and in 5th grade, became '9', and in 3rd grade. :lol:

Angela
Kokoro Robot

Postby Angela » 21 years ago

Hi,
I think the character you are referring to is named Cobalt and he is actually Astro's brother. Cobalt never appeared in any of the televised episodes, but I have been collecting the English comic books and he appears in that. I think he looks like a fake Astro! I have seen some fake merchandise where Astro's face doesn't look quite right - Cobalt looks like that. And he does appear taller in the comic books. The comic books are avail from Phantom Zone comic book stores for those of you who are interested and in oz.
Ang :)

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 21 years ago

I saw a book on the history of manga/anime in a bookstore. I can't remember what it's called, but it has a picture of Astro on the front. It might have been a manga A to Z.

Anyway, I looked up Astro and he appeared in the description of Jetter Mars. It had a fair bit of information on the series and how Osamu felt about the direction the cartoon took.

I can't remember exactly what though. :-(

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Cobalt never appeared in any of the televised episodes, but I have been collecting the English comic books and he appears in that

Perhaps he never appeared in any of the English dubbed eps, but I have seen him in a little video clip with Atom and Uran. :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”