FTP server

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Triple
Kokoro Robot

Postby Triple » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Anapan@Sep 11 2003, 10:06 PM
Triple:
atom.avi from the clips directory is a short low-quality clip of the last bit of the Japanese b&w intro. I was sure I had a longer one with the whole intro, so I'll take a look through some backup cds a little later and see if I can dig that up for you (I've been meaning to look for a bunch of other things anyway).

Aww thanks Anapan! You're the greatest!! ^_^
I feel like such a file-stealer..
Mark my words, I will make a contribution to your server one day....ONE DAAAY!!!

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I still can't play Tezuka intro from Astro's First Love.avi from the ftp site. GSpot reports it requires the exotic Matrox DVCPRO50 codec, which I found in the ACE Mega Codec Pack. I installed it but it still won't play - I only get audio.

Is anyone able to play this file? And possibly convert it for me?

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

It's encoded with DivX 5.0.3, Gspot 2.0 correctly identified it on my system. If it doesn't work for you after installing either the latest version of the DivX Decoder filter, or FFDShow, I could re-encode it in another format.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

I used GSpot v2.21, and I've tried it with DivX 5.0.1 and 5.0.5. I'll see if I can find DivX 5.0.3.

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

I just re-encoded the Tezuka intro clip using Indeo Video 5.10. I think most computers come with the Indeo codecs installed on them. If not, you can grab them at http://www.ligos.com
Same place on the FTP - "Tezuka intro - Indeo.avi"

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Indeo? Image Yes, all computers with Windows have it.

Thanks Anapan! :D

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

It worked! :D

Now if only I could speak Japanese or read Chinese or someone would release the second half of the series on DVD.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Now if only I could speak Japanese or read Chinese or someone would release the second half of the series on DVD.

I have been learning Japanese, and have been able to recognise some words, but have learned very few meanings. I must put this project on hold until the end of the semester, though. :(

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 20 years ago

I like the 80s Japanese ones. I never got to see Atlas in the first one. I didn't even know that he was originally in there. I have no idea why they left him out. Having him in it makes it a lot more interesting.

Anyway, I'm having trouble with your ftp. I tried 3 times to get Uran and uran. Each time it stopped at 57 minutes remaining. Three different days this has happened. I lost the file each time too because I used IE to get it >_<. Ah well, I'll keep trying.

Oh one more question. There are two other Japanese ones that are titled the same but have different numbers. One is 24 the other is 25. Same episode? They appear to be different sizes.

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm pretty sure the sensors cut out a few other signifigant plot elements from the english version tho my memory of watching the series on TV so many years ago is pretty fuzzy.

I don't know what's happening to make the file stop, but I'm pretty sure it's on your end. The FTP log doesn't show any specific cause for it, simply an abort of the transfer and a general "Connection reset (10054)" which means your computer stopped receiving without sending any reason. The same message would show if your computer got reset or crashed. I'd suggest trying a download manager, that way if it happens again you can resume downloading from the point where the download stopped.

Those files are a two-part episode (the story is continued on the 2nd one), they're known as "The Greatest Robot in the World" part 1 and part 2 in the english series - I forgot to add the part numbers to their filenames.

And now a general message to anyone reading:
The downloading seems to have slowed down recently (prolly cause inspector-gadget.net where I had my Gadget account listed stopped working), so if anyone wants another episode or 2 encoded from the Japanese VCD set now would be a great time to request it.
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/Episo...howid-16034/#s2
If you wanna see more cut scenes, #45-"Uran's God" ("Uran's quest" in eng.) had a whole bunch cut out of it during the translation (like all the other Uran-related episodes - maybe her voice actress couldn't sing...)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”