yxuz
Metro City Citizen

Postby yxuz » 20 years ago

in original Japanese dubbed
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

CD Japan has the entire 1963 and 1982 series on DVD. I've bought through CD Japan before and found them excellent to deal with. No English subtitles on these versions, and make sure your player matches the region encoding.

Places to get the first half of the 1982 Japanese dub with English subtitles on DVD:
Anime Toys Online
Anime DVD Movies
ABCToy4Me
I haven't shopped from any of these places, I got mine through E-Bay. Note that this English subtitled release is probably a bootleg and has no region encoding, but the quality is excellent. Haven't seen the second half of this series anywhere.

Places to get the 2003 Japanese dub with English subtitles on DVD:
Crosstoy
Don't know much about this one, but I think Jeffbert has it.

I'm not sure where you can get the original Japanese on VHS, but just do a search on Google and you'll come up with heaps. That's where I got the links above.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Shawne Kleckner, CEO of The Right Stuf, sells 6 packs of the 60s on VHS tapes via e-Bay. I believe the auctions start on Sunday night, at which time you will be best able to use the "buy now" feature. There are thee available: episodes 1-6, 7-12, and 30th anniversary 1-5 + the Lost episode and one other episode. His eBay id is 'gleckner'. I have bought all 3 and am very satisfied. Be aware that the video quality varies on these, as they are restored for various sources. All the stuff that Mushi studios had sent to NBC was destroyed when Mushi (in bankruptcy) could not afford to have them shipped back to Japan. Kleckner has taken it upon himself to restore the English dubbed 100 or so episodes. But the sources are usually personal collections, and this was way before VHS, so they are few and far between.

dennis_ian
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby dennis_ian » 20 years ago

how bout in the philippines???? i think it would cost me a lot since this is a very old yet valuable movie, is there a site that you could download the movie in mpeg format???

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

how bout in the philippines???? i think it would cost me a lot since this is a very old yet valuable movie, is there a site that you could download the movie in mpeg format???

To what movie do you refer? I did not see any mention of a motion picture, especailly a very old one. :o :huh: ;) :wacko: :unsure:

If you refer to the 60s B&W cartoon, I know nothing of its availability in the Philipines. :(

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”