Has anyone made fun of your intrest in Astro?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

My mom has only seen the 60s Astro Boy cartoon and has concluded that it sucks so when I mention Astro, she doesn't really make fun of my intrest so much as she questions it because she doesn't really like it all that much. My older sister on the other hand tends to make fun of Astro a bit. (Usually just by singing the old theme song)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

I have experienced no teasing about my like of Atom, even though I have a mouse pad & my PC's desktop wall paper emblazoned with his image. My family is well aware of my love of anime in general, so I suppose that an adoration of Atom would not be too surprising. <_<

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 20 years ago

I get a few jabs here and there. My younger brothers usually tell me how crappy the 80s version looks by today's standard.

Online some of the people that I talk with like to poke fun at it, but that doesn't bother me.

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

You people actually LIKE Astroboy? What's your PROBLEM anyways?

:angry: :angry: :angry: What's your PROBLEM?? Don't you posess an imagination?? I pity the person who cannot see Astroboy for what it is. I believe it's a tribute to a mans belief that all inhabitants of this bit of dirt are able to co-exist without bloodshed & rivalry. LOOSEN UP & GET OFF THE WEED!! If onlt more people wanted a world in the model Of the great Tesuka!! We would all be better off!!
I get a few jabs here and there.

I get ribbed all the time by my hubby who called him the G@Y Robot :angry: :cry: He prefers Marine Boy!!! But I still think that Astroboy HITS ALL THE OTHERS OUT OF THE PARK!!!

ozfiz
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby ozfiz » 20 years ago

the ASTROBOY SUX guy seriously i think he only posted to get a reaction. and is probably getting a big laugh at it. just ignore it, he's the idoit who has nothing better to do, he's prob some stupid dickhead who doesnt know the outside world exsits anymore, cause he never leaves the seat of his computer.

yxuz
Metro City Citizen

Postby yxuz » 20 years ago

I love Astro
and I love Tezuka
because his mangas are not just mangas
they all share a big significant moral
which anyone with little wisdom can understand
others just see robots with lasers
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I've never been made fun of for being an Astro fan, but I've often expected to have been.

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

Nearly all my RL friends have made some comment similar to "dude...astroboy sucks", but none of them have ever actually made fun of me for it (at least not to my face). I know for a fact that nobody I know well would ever willingly sit through an episode.
Strangely enough, one of my brother's friends was obsessed over a pin-up I have on my wall that I got from one of the american Astroboy comics:
Every day for a whole month straight he asked me "doesn't Astroboy look sad in that picture?"

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”