Astroboys Hair

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
BryZe
Kokoro Robot

Postby BryZe » 20 years ago

So far I have come up with 3 possible styles....
1) Spike in the middle and then one on each side of his head pointing backwards. (3 spikes)
2) Spike on his left or right above his ear with one pointing backward on the opposite side(as the toys are with 2 spikes)
3) One in the middle with one pointing backward on the left or right.

Let the discussion begin....

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

This 3D one seems like it's pretty close:
http://www.kengyu.com/PICT/atomhead.html

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

That 3D picture has the same spikes as an Astroboy action figure I have. So I'll go with that one.

In one of the Darkhorse mangas, Tezuka writes that Astro's spikes are an animation trick - they appear to switch sides depending on what side he is viewed from.

When I was little I was always trying to figure out what his head really looked like. :D

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

I think his hair is kinda like Mickey Mouse's ears. No matter what direct he's facing, his hair never moves.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

That is the best illustration for the new Astroboy kids bicycle helmet that I figured would be the next cool invention. :wahah:

Here is an older thread that discusses this same topic,

in which the good Doctor adds some comments to this pic from the manga, while others also discuss the topic.
Where are those points supposed to be?, Atomu's hair style

:D

Loüßëãr
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Loüßëãr » 20 years ago

That is the best illustration......

I love that pic of AStroboys head..I have it as part of the background on my tribute page. Unfortunatly I havent got much there yet but Im only new to this webpage thingo. BTW, I think that the posted pic is as close as a pic os going to get. I always thought that the top spike came out the top above his right ear & the other from behind his left ear. But I too have seen animations of them jumping about..............All adds to the chemistry & legend that IS ASTROBOY ;) :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Not only that, but note in the bottom pic, he has both a saw tooth and a shark fin point. They are usually of only one type. :D :lol:

BryZe
Kokoro Robot

Postby BryZe » 20 years ago

^^^^^^this is my post from a different computer

also....is that an actual helmet they will be making....cuz that looks kind of dangerous with the spikes lol

jeffbert
Minister of Science

also....is that an actual helmet they will be making....cuz that looks kind of dangerous with the spikes lol

I do not know if anyone will make it, but merely thought it would be a great idea. :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”