Manga videos. How long does it usually take?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
groenewegendavid
Kokoro Robot

Postby groenewegendavid » 20 years ago

I was wondering how long it usually takes for Astroboy videos to arrive from Manga.com? I've been waiting over one month, with their website giving false information about contact details relating to Insound (who handle the shipping.) When I rung New York, Insound told me that they do not handle anything from Manga anymore.
Since my dad's credit card has been accessed to pay for the videos, I do not know when they will arrive, let alone if they will get here.

Please, Someone help me...
Visit my site!!!
My Mysterious Cities of Gold page
Checkout Esteban & Co.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

I ordered a video from Manga US last year but I can't remember how long it took. I only remember that it arrived cracked so Insound gave me a discount on my next purchase (never used).

I would try contacting Manga. If Manga and Insound give you the run around, you could threaten to lodge a fraud complaint with Visa (or whatever credit card you used). The credit card company will protect you from being ripped off.

Personally I wouldn't be worried until two months had passed. Shipping can be incredibly slow sometimes.

SoKn_Jedi
Kokoro Robot

Postby SoKn_Jedi » 20 years ago

I ordered a tape from them on sept 8 and its already Oct 24 and I still have nothing. I did talk to insound when they said they do not deal with the orders anymore and I was given an email for someone at manga.com The email was mike@manga.com. I emailed him about a week ago and still have heard nothing but you might I know my credit card expiration date was up in Oct 2003 and that could be why I am not getting a reply. Oh well hope it at least helps you out there.

Otherwise I do know of a local store in Canada that sells them. If you go to any HMV location you can order them but I have had one problem with the tapes from them. Everytime I ordered a tape from them I usually have a distortion or 5 on the tapes themselves so I had to replace them so offten that HMV would not take them any longer. Gave me a good laugh I acutally outl asted them.

Anyways hope you get a better answer than me.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 20 years ago

WOW! I'm not buying my videos there.

groenewegendavid
Kokoro Robot

Postby groenewegendavid » 20 years ago

Originally posted by SoKn_Jedi@Oct 25 2003, 02:16 PM
I ordered a tape from them on sept 8 and its already Oct 24 and I still have nothing. I did talk to insound when they said they do not deal with the orders anymore and I was given an email for someone at manga.com The email was mike@manga.com.

I talked to Manga this morning, Marc (who gave me his email) marc@manga.com
You know what? The guy really had no idea that Manga.com had an online order form, which I used to order the remaining episodes of Astroboy that I needed for my collection. The problem was that Manga does not deal with the customers, he told me that Insound handle the business side of things... Which I corrected him again, telling him that Insound no longer process Manga material. Now Marc finally asks me for my address. Whoooo Hoooo, Astroboy videos are now on their way after 7 weeks... B) :)

I urge all customers of MANGA.COM to contact them if they have not yet recieved orders.
Although as it is an American phone number, you might not receive your order because they are slowly changing their website.
Visit my site!!!

My Mysterious Cities of Gold page

Checkout Esteban & Co.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”