DAMN KIDS WB

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

And what is withchanging Robita's to Nora? :o At least Robita is a technical name. If they edited this series to make it more appealing to boys, why call the housekeeper Nora? :o

I did not like the voices either. From Atom himself to the power grid spider, the voices were rather annoying. :angry:

Spiffy Knight
Metro City Citizen

Postby Spiffy Knight » 20 years ago

I agree 200%.. I think they got some voice actors from Digimon.. like Ikki, I THINK, not sure, but deffinetly sounds familiar... and was poorly done. And the spider... the original Japanese voice for that was fine. But, this is the 20th century, what can we expect??

Marisa
Kokoro Robot

Postby Marisa » 20 years ago

I'll make comments when I see it. ^_^

joselopez82
Kokoro Robot

Postby joselopez82 » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Fobok@Jan 18 2004, 03:04 AM
I hope #tv-nihon continues to make fansubs of the original Japanese episodes. I think I'll be enjoying them a lot more.

[QUOTE]

I agree with you all. I am very dissapointed that the Kids WB would make those changes just to make it more likeable to kids who misbehave and are rebels.

In the Japanese version he gets into trouble in that first episode because he is curius and then when he confronts the "power plant" robot, Astroboy is trying to help.

In the Kids WB version, he defiently dissovers orders and threathens the "energy plant" robot that he is going to fight it.

I believe they don't want the image of a "good boy" but that is wrong because it reflects on the attitudes of the kids who watch the cartoons!!!!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I did not notice the challenge to the "energy plant" (spider), but if that is the case, I wonder what kind of contract the creators have with WB. No doubt, he is portrayed as a little boy in need of a trip to the Woodshed. Does this contract allow WB to make anything they want of it, or are there some limitations to WB's editing? :o Is the almighty dollar the only consideration? ;) Will Bill divorce his wife and marry his girlfriend? :D Will OJ ever find the :rolleyes: 'real' :blink: killer? :P :p h34r:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 20 years ago

Originally posted by joselopez82@Jan 20 2004, 09:51 AM
I believe they don't want the image of a "good boy" but that is wrong because it reflects on the attitudes of the kids who watch the cartoons!!!!

It's kind of ironic really. There have been complaints for years than violent cartoons negatively influence kids. Now it appears that violent kids are negatively influencing the cartoons! :wacko:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Could be. ;)

Jarx Xun
Metro City Citizen

Postby Jarx Xun » 20 years ago

Here are the things I didn't like about it:

The New Music
Astro's Voice is weird...
The Dialogue is completely westernized as expected

But I still had fun watching it in english.
Bad karma bleeding over years of hate, I finally encounter the Buddha. He sends the autumn of my life into the the winter of nothingness. The winter ice melts into clear water, my heart becomes clear in death.

astroboykickedmyass
Metro City Citizen

Postby astroboykickedmyass » 20 years ago

any english anime dubb that is bought by a big company has been beaten to the ground

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 20 years ago

That's sad to hear that the new Astro Boy cartoon (US version) did not live up to it's standards! I couldn't watch it because I don't have WB. :cry: :unsure:

You guys sound like they did so terrible, I'm afraid to even download the episode. ;^^

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”