Kids WB

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Big Astro Fan
Robot President

Postby Big Astro Fan » 20 years ago

Bad news. Anybody who watches Astro Boy on Kids WB, I think they canceled the show. I guess they think there isn't going to be any profit in the show.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

Where did you hear that?

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

I was checking the line up for tomorrow and didn't see it there. :angry:

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

That's not uncommon, websites aren't very high priority for TV networks. Networks pay for the whole season of a show before they show them, so at the very least they'll probably show all the episodes they bought.
There's also the commercials thay say "tune in next week for more astroboy".

Big Astro Fan
Robot President

I checked the local WB station web page and they don't show it in there. But I checked the tv section from the Sunday paper and they show it listed. I hope it's on.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I checked my tv listings for the next two Saturdays, and it is absent. Static Shock is listed at 8:30 am for both days.

I would not believe that any network would cancel a show afer only 3 or 4 episodes. It simply does not make any sense.

After checking the website, it does show a new lineup, that has Static Shock in the 8:30 slot. ;)

Here is a copy of the email that I sent to Kids WB:

What happened to this show? Why have you put Static Shock in its place? It was bad enough that you edited the episodes such that you changed the character of Astroboy from a sweet innocent angel to a punk rebellious brat, but now you have canned the show. There are quite a few of us adult fans who really dislike this. I am 45, and remember him from my own childhood. I have 22 of the 23 manga, and all the tapes I could find from the two earlier series.

So you just can the show, and say nothing, hoping that no one will notice. Well, I and no doubt many other adult fans noticed and are angry!

Here is a link to their email: Give them hell Bombard them with email protests! :angry:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Do it now, while the subject menu still has Astroboy on it. :wahah:

Anapan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Anapan » 20 years ago

Aww, they really did cancel it. Even on YTV...
I emailed Kids WB aswell. I wonder if there's enough fans to get it back on, even if it's in a different time slot?
With TV Nihon dropping their fansub there isn't even a way for english speakers to view the show now...

Hrm, I did find a set of Korean subtitle files, up to episode 38. If I can find a machine translation program that doesn't spit out illegible gibberish I might be able to continue where T_N left off... I finally got Emule installed and have started downloading the raw Astroboy_ATOM vids aswell as Systran Professional 4.

gbrycki
Kokoro Robot

Postby gbrycki » 20 years ago

Oh, no...looks like they really did cancel it! :cry: Static Shock? Not much of a substitute, imho. :huh: Didn't give it much of a chance, did they? I've emailed Kids WB and let them know of my disappointment. :angry:

Still, don't series sometimes disappear and reappear on sat. mornings? Have they made an official announcement about a cancellation?

BRY

AstroJames2004
Kokoro Robot

Postby AstroJames2004 » 20 years ago

And now a word about "cancelation":

Not so fast. The show will return in a bit. Be paitent. :(
<span style=\'font-family:Times\'><span style=\'color:blue\'>Go, Go, GO Astro Boy!!!</span></span>

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”