What DVD special extras would you like to see?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Haruka-chan
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Haruka-chan » 20 years ago

I think all the suggestions are cool ^^ maybe some rare Astro footage/special/episode or Japanese ads with Astro or something would be nice...

AND Episode 1 and 2 80's Japanese goddammit :D
Kimi no kokoro de, catch the future!
[url=\'http://www.suanime.org\']SUAnime[/url]

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 20 years ago

A segment about Astroboy's impact on the public. This would include commercial advertising that used him, stuff like Robodex using him as its mascot (I guess), toys etc.

It would also be cool to see some international stuff about the names different languages used for the characters. :lol:

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Haruka-chan@Sep 7 2004, 01:56 PM
I think all the suggestions are cool ^^ maybe some rare Astro footage/special/episode or Japanese ads with Astro or something would be nice...

AND Episode 1 and 2 80's Japanese goddammit :D

Dito!
So I could get rid of my pirated DVD's finally. Always got a headache when I look at those subs :wacko: .

A suggestion of mine would be a french dub DVD-edition, but I'd rather keep on dreaming then ;) .
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 20 years ago

Originally posted by Mark@Sep 7 2004, 01:58 PM
  • 1964 Episode 1 - Japanese version

This one should be a good idea, and with English subtitles it will be better. And the first 4 original episodes of the 80s, WITHOUT CUT SCENES :D in Japanese with English subtitles will be the total nirvana :P
I suppose anyway that the subtitles can be removed or changed for other languages on DVDs, so maybe other languages for these first episodes would be a good idea too ;)
Maybe I'm out of topic as most of what I ask is not in the list... I am just dreaming aloud, or making my wish list for XMas :P
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

AstroSponge
Kokoro Robot

Postby AstroSponge » 20 years ago

How about a audio commentary by the original cast? :wahah:
Man, I can't wait until this comes out on DVD here in the USA! (If so. I read the entire article and i'm not sure if their releasing it here in the US.)
Salp, Slap, Slap, Slap, Slap....

adrian _68
Robot President

Postby adrian _68 » 20 years ago

I don't mind additional features as long as the set features all of the episodes in the 80's version. Also, i really wish it would be available in the Philippines which is unlikely impossible :(

-Nick-
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby -Nick- » 20 years ago

All these ideas are great! lets just hope we get a really good features disk in the end.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”