OMG! What!!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Shychick@Sep 14 2004, 11:22 PM
If the new AB bombed in North America, this makes me curious as how the movie will do here. I know it will be a huge hit in Japan, but now they might not even give it to us North Americans. If they do, I bet it'll bomb. :cry: :unsure:

It depends upon those who grew up watching him in the 60s almost as much as the expected appeal to children. I do not know if this same group of adults was aware of their childhood hero's return to television, but I doubt there were many of them who did. If they put the thing on Adult Swim, it might just fare better, but they would need to retsore its brilliance, & give it at least 25 episodes to gain an audience. ;)

wicked fierce
Metro City Citizen

Postby wicked fierce » 19 years ago

To be totally honest, I didn't like this Astro. Whenever it came on YTV, I didn't watch it. I saw it on a few times and just flipped past it. Now if I, as a fan of Astroboy for 20 years, didn't want to watch it, I knew it would be in trouble.

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 19 years ago

Originally posted by wicked fierce@Sep 15 2004, 03:14 PM
To be totally honest, I didn't like this Astro. Whenever it came on YTV, I didn't watch it. I saw it on a few times and just flipped past it. Now if I, as a fan of Astroboy for 20 years, didn't want to watch it, I knew it would be in trouble.

This is what I mean by Neuropathic Child Brain
His brain matured. His Adult Self Repressing Brain cannot like it.
The Communication was sent to The King Ranger.... A Neuropathogen Resistant Child Brain.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by cybotron+Sep 15 2004, 02:48 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cybotron @ Sep 15 2004, 02:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--wicked fierce@Sep 15 2004, 03:14 PM
To be totally honest, I didn't like this Astro.  Whenever it came on YTV, I didn't watch it.  I saw it on a few times and just flipped past it.  Now if I, as a fan of Astroboy for 20 years, didn't want to watch it, I knew it would be in trouble.

This is what I mean by Neuropathic Child Brain
His brain matured. His Adult Self Repressing Brain cannot like it.
The Communication was sent to The King Ranger.... A Neuropathogen Resistant Child Brain. [/b][/quote]
I know I asked about that word, but I think it was in a different thread. ;)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”