OMG! What!!

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Spirit
Kokoro Robot

Postby Spirit » 19 years ago

:cry: Astro boy not airing on YTV nomore They removed it and replaced the show with the PowerPuff girls <_< !
and that was the only channel showing the new show! ITS NOT FAIR!

Now once again i'm gonna miss episode 6 the continue of part episode 5! >_< DARN IT!!! Astro was the only show i liked on that channel!

They even annouced they removed it! Lookhear

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 19 years ago

They stopped playing it in the US too. Why do people always expect instant hits? It's not like it happens that often.

Shychick
Kokoro Robot

Postby Shychick » 19 years ago

I KNOW!! I tuned into YTV today, and found that crappy Powerpuff Girls show! Damn, I hope they just replaced the time-slot, or just aired PPGs for today. :o I hope it's just a hiatus thing.

It's totally canceled in the States? I thought it got taken off WB for a little while, then they put it back on both WB and CN...

Bah... not enough violence and/or retarded plot-lines to attract the kiddies. No dueling with cards or monsters or Beyblsdes, or people basting each-other outta the ****ing sky.

Damn, they didn't even give it a chance. Always with the best shows this happens, but the shitty ones remain golden.

adrian _68
Robot President

Postby adrian _68 » 19 years ago

I think most of the people of western countries didn't gave too much attention to Astro 2003. <_< It can be clearly seen on how they translated the anime itself. The sounds have been edited, the dialogue is way to crappy and the most uncool thing to say is "Let's Rocket!" In Asia, Astro has a special place in each and every one's heart especially in Japan. They even call it the "Ultimate Anime Icon" which i myself believe as true.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Shychick@Sep 11 2004, 10:24 PM
I KNOW!! I tuned into YTV today, and found that crappy Powerpuff Girls show! Damn, I hope they just replaced the time-slot, or just aired PPGs for today. :o I hope it's just a hiatus thing.

It's totally canceled in the States? I thought it got taken off WB for a little while, then they put it back on both WB and CN...

Bah... not enough violence and/or retarded plot-lines to attract the kiddies. No dueling with cards or monsters or Beyblsdes, or people basting each-other outta the ****ing sky.

Damn, they didn't even give it a chance. Always with the best shows this happens, but the shitty ones remain golden.

While I agree that it sucks that Atom was not given half a chance to gain an audience, please do not take it out on the PPG! Although I rarely watch it, I do enjoy it.

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 19 years ago

I'll say this much, American animation on television began to suck about 1979 after Terrorist Actions against Children, I mean (ACT), imposed their nazi stupidity on the television animation industry. They were the reason Chuck Jones removed the Bugs Bunny show from prime time in the 1980's and why the 3 networks ended the Saturday morning string of shows for kids.

ACT thought it could impose its censorship fascism and "clean up" children television but they only succeeded in treating children to mentally retarding shows, violating the constitutional rights of artists, and sponsoring junk programs that were more and more half hour toy promotionals than real programming. We've raised a generation of kids who want to "battle" and "fight" and flip stupid cards than learn anything usefull.

No wonder why Astro 2003 can't get a good play in America, I think the frustrations of some of us with the way cartoons are these days have a right to complain. Astro is a damn good show, my nephews and nieces watch it subbed and dubbed because I'd rather have them learn something than go out and snatch up the latest useless deck of Yugi-puke.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 19 years ago

I only watched Astroboy on YTV sometimes..sometimes I would forget it was on..I even tried to get my friends to watch it..This sucks, now it's not even on anymore.
Now I want the series even more on a nice bilingual DVD set.

Shychick
Kokoro Robot

Postby Shychick » 19 years ago

Can somebody tell me where I can get the DVDs of the new AB series, and if they include English subtitles?

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 19 years ago

Originally posted by EvilGenki@Sep 13 2004, 02:51 AM
I only watched Astroboy on YTV sometimes..sometimes I would forget it was on..I even tried to get my friends to watch it..This sucks, now it's not even on anymore.
Now I want the series even more on a nice bilingual DVD set.

How much Astro did you expect for free?
Everyone worth anything had been taught. Now the "Thesis" had to be proven.
Tawashi circumvented.... :D
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Spirit
Kokoro Robot

Postby Spirit » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Shychick@Sep 13 2004, 06:46 AM
Can somebody tell me where I can get the DVDs of the new AB series, and if they include English subtitles?

You can buy them from Hear

and yup they include a
Audio: Japanese Subtitles: English/Chinese/Off

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”