Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

:lol: :lol: That's too cute, Love it.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Dragonrider1227@Jan 10 2005, 11:59 PM
That's ADORABLE! Can you tell me where you got it?

You can buy it from this store:

www.wackywillysweb.com
B)
Alas, shades are not included.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 19 years ago

Shades arn't included? Well forget it then! :angry: :wahah:
Seriously, Thanks a bunch. I'll have to order one at some point. :)
I think another major reason I want to take Astro home with me is seeing him suffer or just be upset. Moments like seeing him get sold to the circus, treated cruely in the circus, and just various things that happen to him like when the kids were throwing food at him in the new series because he was a robot. :cry: I mean, look at the scene where he's sitting on the sidewalk with his head on his arms and tell me you don't want to hug him? I DARE YOU TO!

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Same here. That's exactly the reason why I eventually got myself this Astro Plush. Somehow I want to be confident that he's safe and sound instead of being bullied all over and getting depressed because of that.
Image :cry:
He really needs a hug, doesn't he?

Actually this is the first Astro Plush I ever bought (it was about bloody time I finally bought one anyway), and perhaps also the first link of a long chain of Astro toys. :lol:
It's so cool to look at him in 3D instead of just gazing into the flat screen.
The only problem are his points. So far, they only work in 2D, therefore it's quite a challenge for toy manufacturers to reproduce them.
I guess his head has to be re-designed according to the same features as a HyperCube to reach that point-effect :P .
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 19 years ago

Especially since i've been the victim of bullying when I was little. I was picked on quite a bit and even beaten up once or twice so I feel any kid who goes through that as well.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Originally posted by Dragonrider1227@Jan 13 2005, 06:40 PM
Especially since i've been the victim of bullying when I was little. I was picked on quite a bit and even beaten up once or twice so I feel any kid who goes through that as well.

I had suffered the same fate. The french show of Astroboy was something that soothed my psychical pain quite well. I regarded Astro as an imaginary friend in those days, that had sort of helped me thru it.
I very often tended to refuge myself in daydreams and fantasies, even nowadays I use to caught myself in daydreaming here and then. Somehow it's a way to take distance and to maintain sanity from all that crap happens in the world.
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Strange Wings+Jan 14 2005, 06:53 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strange Wings @ Jan 14 2005, 06:53 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Dragonrider1227@Jan 13 2005, 06:40 PM

I had suffered the same fate. The french show of Astroboy was something that soothed my psychical pain quite well. I regarded Astro as an imaginary friend in those days, that had sort of helped me thru it.
I very often tended to refuge myself in daydreams and fantasies, even nowadays I use to caught myself in daydreaming here and then. Somehow it's a way to take distance and to maintain sanity from all that crap happens in the world.[/b][/quote]
Hi Dragonrider and Strange Wings,

We're kindred spirits. You two have said just how I feel. I too was bullied and beat up when I was a kid, so every time I see Astro suffer this fate, it's like a flashback. I want to beat up the bullies and hug and comfort Astro. This place is a sanctuary to me. It's the only place I can wear my heart on my sleeve. I think when newbies come here, we should welcome them with open arms. I remember someone here posted some nice pics. of Jetter Mars and asked some info about him, and someone else said "Are you some kind of idiot?", well I haven't seen this person post since. :( Another person here once said that he/she was beat up for liking Astro. :o poor kid. I hope this person didn't stop watching Astro because of that.

If the people I've mentioned are viewing this, Please come back, most of us won't bite. We need more kokoro to make this sanctuary strong and Astro is good medicine for all the suffering spirits in the world. :)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Atoman+Jan 14 2005, 02:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Atoman @ Jan 14 2005, 02:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Strange Wings@Jan 14 2005, 06:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Dragonrider1227
@Jan 13 2005, 06:40 PM
[b]Especially since i've been the victim of bullying when I was little. I was picked on quite a bit and even beaten up once or twice so I feel any kid who goes through that as well.

I very often tended to refuge myself in daydreams and fantasies, even nowadays I use to caught myself in daydreaming here and then. Somehow it's a way to take distance and to maintain sanity from all that crap happens in the world.[/b]

Hi Dragonrider and Strange Wings,

We're kindred spirits. You two have said just how I feel. I too was bullied and beat up when I was a kid, so every time I see Astro suffer this fate, it's like a flashback. I want to beat up the bullies and hug and comfort Astro. This place is a sanctuary to me. It's the only place I can wear my heart on my sleeve. I think when newbies come here, we should welcome them with open arms. I remember someone here posted some nice pics. of Jetter Mars and asked some info about him, and someone else said "Are you some kind of idiot?", well I haven't seen this person post since. :( Another person here once said that he/she was beat up for liking Astro. :o poor kid. I hope this person didn't stop watching Astro because of that.

If the people I've mentioned are viewing this, Please come back, most of us won't bite. We need more kokoro to make this sanctuary strong and Astro is good medicine for all the suffering spirits in the world. :) [/b][/quote]
If everyone starts doing this it will end up with a huge post :D
Guess what? I was bullied too when I was a kid ;) Do every Astroboy fans get bullied? :o Or maybe bullied people all recognize themselves when watching Astroboy episodes... that was surely my case.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Originally posted by fafner@Jan 14 2005, 06:02 PM
Or maybe bullied people all recognize themselves when watching Astroboy episodes... that was surely my case.

I happen to recognize myself in Theodore/Tamao, who was Alvin's favourite target for his bullying. Or also the way Gene got treated by his classmates (see 'Save The Carolina 3' ;) has caused me several flashbacks to my own school days.
Therefore watching Astroboy is kind of like a psycho-analysis to me. Sometimes I see myself in the classroom appearing in certain episodes. Well, childhood traumas have to be worked up :huh: .
However, I would've given a lot to have such a competent and fair teacher as Daddy Walrus is. Alas, our main teacher (Fritz Gafner, R.I.P.) was a real emetic, even Frau Brönimann had a hard time to catch up with him, and that's saying something.
:wacko:
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 19 years ago

Very strange... I remember when I first moved to Livonia. Life was good until then. I don't know why, but when I was in third grade, and even now, people just don't treat me right. I was really sad yesterday, so I took my 11 inch Astro toy off my dresser, and just stood there hugging him. I just wish someone would give me a hug sometimes. :cry: I can relate very well. I've been 5' 2'' since May, and I'm still young. I also have noticed that people don't like to reply to me on message boards.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”