New series DVD set

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

I am currently recording the episodes on DVD as I get to see them on TV (French Canada)! :P I just hope it'll get to the end of the 50 episodes (the series ended and started right again from the start... please let it go until the end so I can record it all!!!!!!

My big disappointment is that I wish I could get the 80's series. Looks like my only option is through some Australian website, which means I'd have to bet that I'll succeed in making my DVD recorder able to read all regions disks... Besides this, is there something else I'd need to do to be able to read them?

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Apr 1 2005, 08:33 PM
I am currently recording the episodes on DVD as I get to see them on TV (French Canada)!

In English?

Looks like my only option is through some Australian website, which means I'd have to bet that I'll succeed in making my DVD recorder able to read all regions disks... Besides this, is there something else I'd need to do to be able to read them?

No, but if you're using a DVD player in a computer you will need to patch the operating system as well.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 19 years ago

Originally posted by DrFrag+Apr 1 2005, 10:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DrFrag @ Apr 1 2005, 10:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Astro forever@Apr 1 2005, 08:33 PM
I am currently recording the episodes on DVD as I get to see them on TV (French Canada)!

In English?

Looks like my only option is through some Australian website, which means I'd have to bet that I'll succeed in making my DVD recorder able to read all regions disks...  Besides this, is there something else I'd need to do to be able to read them?

No, but if you're using a DVD player in a computer you will need to patch the operating system as well. [/b][/quote]
There is a much simpler solution to PC DVD, & that is simlpy to have 2 or more drives, 1 of which you configure to the other region. Just put the disc in, & follow instructions. It works for me! :lol:

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 19 years ago

Why can't they just leave it the way it was.

Because America treats its kids these days like ignorant dumb savages. We can't expose todays children to war, sex, violence, important issues in cartoons but oh damn if they don't see idiot shows like "Survivor" or "CSI Miami" or "reality Pregnant dirt bag trailer trash house wife" every day of the week.

Is there something wrong with portraying real life morals, values, social and cultural situations in a children's medium? They played it all up in the 1970's on Saturday morning cartoons but after 1980? Forget it, we entered the realm of the stupid and sheltered.

It ticks off many of us as to how hack and slash Western companies have been with really great Anime, changing the stories, dumbing the characters, adding stupid and amaturish animation.

No wonder why modern American cartoons make one blow chunks. They suck.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by DrFrag@Apr 2 2005, 01:19 AM
In English?

No, it's on a French Canadian network so it's in French! :) For once the characters' name are the same than in the English version.

No, but if you're using a DVD player in a computer you will need to patch the operating system as well.

Thank you. I'd rather watch it on my TV since I just found out I could download the episodes from FTP.... BTW I don't know who did this but thank you, you are the God of Astroboy's world!!! :D

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Apr 1 2005, 08:41 PM
Thank you. I'd rather watch it on my TV since I just found out I could download the episodes from FTP.... BTW I don't know who did this but thank you, you are the God of Astroboy's world!!! :D

Maybe that's mine ;) Right now someone is downloading on it. If my name is in the URL it's most probably my FTP server :D
By the way right now I am working to have all the files on bittorrent, so if you are the one downloading you may ready yourself to switch to bittorrent as the files won't be available a short time after I succeed ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by fafner@Apr 2 2005, 06:34 AM

Maybe that's mine ;) Right now someone is downloading on it. If my name is in the URL it's most probably my FTP server :D
By the way right now I am working to have all the files on bittorrent, so if you are the one downloading you may ready yourself to switch to bittorrent as the files won't be available a short time after I succeed ;)

Happy to meet you, God! ;) I hope I'm not too hard on your bandwidth... :huh: I never thought I'd see that first Astro vs Atlas episode ever in my life!!

I just found out a bit about bittorent yesterday when I came accross those dead links you have. To be honest I still have to learn about it since I had never heard about it before.

Thank you very very much for your time... and bandwidth! :unsure: I guess bittorrent will make it easier on it? Well, tell me if I'm too demanding...

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Apr 1 2005, 09:46 PM
Happy to meet you, God! ;)

Wow! No one had ever called me God :o I might get accustomed to it :P
I hope I'm not too hard on your bandwidth... :huh:

Don't worry for the bandwidth. I opened a FTP server, I expect the bandwidth to be consumed ;) Anyway I installed recently a system to allow me to seize the bandwidth without breaking existing connections when I need it :D
I just found out a bit about bittorent yesterday when I came accross those dead links you have. To be honest I still have to learn about it since I had never heard about it before.

Sad they are dead, but the treacker I used has been put down :cry: I just found another one a few hours ago, and I am preparing the creation of new alive torrents :P
Thank you very very much for your time... and bandwidth! :unsure: I guess bittorrent will make it easier on it? Well, tell me if I'm too demanding...

Bittorrent make things easier as at worse it is roughly the same as the FTP server: all people loading at the same point. If all goes well, everyone shares the files between each others and things really speed up ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”