Talk about all things Astro Boy!
tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Postby tic_tac_astro » 19 years ago

Remember this webpage?

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/kids/astroboy/

It always gives me memories after it was cancelled. :unsure:
I still miss it, though. <_<

If you want to post in any memory-like stuff, feel free to post in. :)

Thank you, you're too kind.

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

The french ending sequence of the 80's version showing Astro wishing good luck and flying away has always stuck in my mind throughout nearly two decades now.
(translated from his french speech): "..and watch out, my friends! Don't forget to pursue the next emissions. Good luck!"
The translation may be incorrect though, but I suppose that's about what he said.
Obviously this video excerpt was taken from the episode 'Astro's First Love'. :lol:

The french ending theme which used to follow gives me nice memories as well. I uploaded this theme to Anapan's FTP a while ago. If someone's interested to grab it, here is the direct link:

ftp://ast:ast@atomu.ath.cx:6872/video_clips/

The file name is Astro, le petit robot; 'End Credits HQ'.avi 6.15 MB
:)
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

Thank you Strange Wings. If you want, I might take a look at it to check the translation if you are not sure. What I remember is at the very last episode, Astro couldn't tell us about the next episode so instead he said "I'll come back.... maybe!". Oh did that make me hopeful! :lol: But I didn't think it'd take 20 years and I probably didn't think I'd still like him by then! :wahah:

Atoman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Atoman » 19 years ago

In the Japanese and English versions of that episode, he was seen sitting on the dock of a bay, showing us his bare Niki's girls' legs, then winking at us while putting on his boots and saying "Shh, don't tell anyone, it's are little secret." Then flying of saying "Goodbye". That's too cute, love it. :lol:

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Originally posted by Atoman@Apr 2 2005, 06:05 PM
In the Japanese and English versions of that episode, he was seen sitting on the dock of a bay, showing us his bare Niki's girls' legs, then winking at us while putting on his boots and saying "Shh, don't tell anyone, it's are little secret." Then flying of saying "Goodbye". That's too cute, love it. :lol:

I too like that scene. Especially mentioned part when he says "Well this is it, my secret. But it's just between you and me, ok? Don't let anyone know" to the whole audience. What's that 'secret' he is refering to? :D
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

The exact sentence is in French: "Et attention mes amis, notre jeu se poursuit dans la prochaine emission!"
And in English: "And watch out my friends, our game continues in the next episode!"
The game consists of a sum up of the episode that Astro does, in which he voluntarily includes an error for the watchers to find. To my knowledge, this game has been put only in the French version.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

Originally posted by fafner@Apr 3 2005, 05:03 AM
The exact sentence is in French: "Et attention mes amis, notre jeu se poursuit dans la prochaine emission!"
And in English: "And watch out my friends, our game continues in the next episode!"
The game consists of a sum up of the episode that Astro does, in which he voluntarily includes an error for the watchers to find. To my knowledge, this game has been put only in the French version.

Do you speak French, fafner? ;)

I liked the game! :) I wonder if the beginning of the sequence where Elefun welcomed Astro was taken from the "Save the classmate" episode I watched yesterday...

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

I think is was that bra from one of the topics.
It's pretty funny. :D

tic_tac_astro
Robot President

Oops, wrong topic. :unsure:

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Originally posted by Astro forever@Apr 2 2005, 09:39 PM
I liked the game! :) I wonder if the beginning of the sequence where Elefun welcomed Astro was taken from the "Save the classmate" episode I watched yesterday...

Yes, it indeed was taken from that episode. They just changed Dr. Elefun's/Caudrine's line:
"Entrer! Ah, Astro! Viens vite. Geronimo attends pour le rapport". :lol:

BTW, the image of computer Geronimo was taken from the ep 'Astro Fights Aliens'
;)
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」

- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”