Astro Boy Memories

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 19 years ago

Haha! I figured I would eventually find it but you just answered the question I didn't ask! :lol:

Do you all speak French or do you have a text file with all the French lines or what...? <_<

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 19 years ago

Actually Fafner is the only active french board member at the time (apart from you, of course ;) ), unlike me as my french is rather poor. There are some other french board members around like snorkyller or Le petit robot, although they haven't made any posts for quite a while now.
As for me, I just used to watch the french 80's series on a french TV channel 18 years ago. I also got some DVD-Rs with french episodes recorded on them, that's why some french lines still stuck in my head. :lol:
「頼むから、仕事をさせてくれ」
- 手塚治虫先生の最後の言葉

Astro Forever
Administrator

I see. I was impressed by the fact that the lines were written almost perfectly...! :D Better than a lot of what I see from so many French speakers on the Internet... ;)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 19 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Apr 3 2005, 12:10 AM
I see. I was impressed by the fact that the lines were written almost perfectly...! :D Better than a lot of what I see from so many French speakers on the Internet... ;)

True enough... I am French despite of the correct French sentences I write :P Usually French people in forums/chats are in first place in slaughtering French language :o Sometimes I have to literally decode the texts as if they were written in a foreign language I barely know <_<
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by fafner@Apr 3 2005, 09:18 AM

True enough... I am French despite of the correct French sentences I write :P Usually French people in forums/chats are in first place in slaughtering French language :o Sometimes I have to literally decode the texts as if they were written in a foreign language I barely know <_<

Alors Dieu parle français!!!!! :wahah:

To be fair, it's not always great in English either... ;)

BTW, are you from France? Because I believe the French intro (I mean from France) was sung by a male voice, while our French Canadian intro sounded very close to the English and Japanese versions! Both versions used the same vocals though. And I like ours better! :P

And I noticed today that our intro music ended right as Astro is landing and moving his arm to the left of the screen... the timing is so perfect that I thought it was planned... I just realized that it wasn't the case for the Japanese and English versions!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”