Random Observations

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

Originally posted by Astro forever@Jan 10 2006, 11:23 PM
Here is another unknown character, the one in yellow... I might be wrong, but I think I saw him somewhere in Tezuka's characters gallery. I can't seem to find him and I lack the patience to browse through all the pages again, to be honest...

His name is Ambassador Magma. I saw him in the GBA game. I just did a search on Google with "magma" and "tezuka" as keywords, and the first page was this one :D
http://en.tezuka.co.jp/manga/sakuhin/m054/m054_01.html
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Hahaha! Good! Thank you, fafner!

And for the other character in the pic, well I don't recall having seen him anywhere else, but if he is, somebody please tell me. :)

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Originally posted by fafner+Jan 10 2006, 06:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fafner @ Jan 10 2006, 06:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Astro forever@Jan 10 2006, 11:23 PM
Here is another unknown character, the one in yellow...  I might be wrong, but I think I saw him somewhere in Tezuka's characters gallery.  I can't seem to find him and I lack the patience to browse through all the pages again, to be honest... 

His name is Ambassador Magma. I saw him in the GBA game. I just did a search on Google with "magma" and "tezuka" as keywords, and the first page was this one :D
http://en.tezuka.co.jp/manga/sakuhin/m054/m054_01.html [/b][/quote]
Magma, his wife Mol, and their child Gum were all in the 2003 series, in the episode:

Request of エミリー

English:

Battle Bot

Although Gum was a boy in previous incarnations, she was clearly a girl in that one. Moreover, for you Family Guy fans, I am sure her E-voice was the same as Meg's. :lol:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Originally posted by Astro forever@Jan 11 2006, 12:10 AM
And for the other character in the pic, well I don't recall having seen him anywhere else, but if he is, somebody please tell me. :)

Same recipe as above, except it was the second link :P
http://en.tezuka.co.jp/manga/sakuhin/m053/m053_01.html
He was in the same game too, not very far. As for the episodes, I don't remember having seen him anywhere, but I didn't remember about Magma either, even now that jeffbert has told about episode 38... Maybe I should watch it again :rolleyes:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by fafner@Jan 11 2006, 12:24 PM
Same recipe as above, except it was the second link :P
http://en.tezuka.co.jp/manga/sakuhin/m053/m053_01.html
He was in the same game too, not very far. As for the episodes, I don't remember having seen him anywhere, but I didn't remember about Magma either, even now that jeffbert has told about episode 38... Maybe I should watch it again :rolleyes:

Hehe, me too! :P Thanks. Any more apparitions I should know about to become a more knowledgleable Tezuka fan?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 18 years ago

Trivia time: In which 80s episode (other than Pluto's) was Bora featured? :lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

Originally posted by jeffbert@Jan 11 2006, 04:05 PM

I know the answer, but I will refrain from posting it. I'm curious to find out if somebody else remembers, or noticed it! ;)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Originally posted by Astro forever+Jan 11 2006, 10:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Astro forever @ Jan 11 2006, 10:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--jeffbert@Jan 11 2006, 04:05 PM

I know the answer, but I will refrain from posting it. I'm curious to find out if somebody else remembers, or noticed it! ;) [/b][/quote]
I think I know too, I have a fuzzy image in my cloudy mind :P I'm not sure though... :unsure:

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

It would be funny if we didn't think of the same thing! :lol: I doubt it, but who knows!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”