Drawing Tutorials

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby EvilGenki » 18 years ago

Does anyone know where I can find some free tutorials on how to draw like Osamu Tezuka?
I looked, but didn't find.. and my last resort is to ask. I checked out that Astroboy drawing book, but it shows how to draw the new astro.. I even looked for disney tutorials, but I just found new disney stuff.

Anyone know where I could look? I've looked at manga for reference, but I need something to help with the correct body shape. :cry:

Thanks.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Do you mean Let's Draw Manga Astroboy?
Because that has a fair bit of old stuff. Mostly 80s series, some 60s series. Some of the pictures are even copies of Tezuka's refrence stetches.

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

I may have to check it again, because I'm not sure if they showed how to actually draw the older Astroboy.

My local library has it all the time, it's never gone.

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 18 years ago

Genki, you might be more interested in the books "Tezuka School of Animation: Vol 1 Learning the Basics" and "Vol 2: Animals in Motion" by Let's Draw Manga company. Those are the books advertised in the loose cover, inner flap on the Astro Boy volume you guys are talking about (that the loose cover is most likely taken away from). I think the books are hard to find because I can't get them, even if I special order them... B/

EvilGenki
Rocket Ball Champion

I have the first volume of the Tezuka School of Animation, it is very helpful for doing animation especially for beginners. Unfortunately, it doesn't show how to actually draw the characters.

EDIT: Well, it looks like I found something..
http://en.tezuka.co.jp/manga/sakuhin/m024/m024_01.html
Manga Classroom, by Tezuka himself. Anyone have any places where I can order this? This would be good to have.. :wahah:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”