I love Astro's eyes

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 18 years ago

I know this sounds like an odd thread, but I love Astro's eyes. I don't think i've ever seen a cartoon character with more emotionally full and pure eyes. One of many reasons why Astro is so darn adorable to me. ^^

Breakman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Breakman » 18 years ago

...Then why do you cover them up in your avatar? :P

Whenever a(n) artist/cartoonist pay attention to the eyes, it means they care about the character design... at least to show that the character has emotion, not necessarily about how well drawn. "The eyes are windows of one's soul." ^_^

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

I totally agree! One thing I like very much about the 2003 series is the eyes, they are so beautiful! I also noticed how beautiful they were in Adrian's drawings.

On the other hand, in the 1980 Astro style I hate so much (The Red Cat, The Hijacked Airship, The Time Machine...), his irises are always floating in the middle of the blank and it's one of the main reason why I don't like this style.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Originally posted by Breakman@Oct 27 2005, 03:18 PM
...Then why do you cover them up in your avatar? :P

XD Because sunglasses are COOL! :lol:

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 18 years ago

They really accent the character's behavior. you can tell when he's upset, angry, calm, or being a devious brat just by the way the slants or curves come out of the eyes.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

definetly. :D

Lucero
Kokoro Robot

Postby Lucero » 17 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:I know this sounds like an odd thread, but I love Astro's eyes. I don't think i've ever seen a cartoon character with more emotionally full and pure eyes. One of many reasons why Astro is so darn adorable to me. ^^

I ;) think that it is one of the many reason that I have to love Astroboy. He has the most lovely eyes of the cartoon world.

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

true, i think the artist gove him eyes like that so he looks like a pure and good, they do say Astro has a heart of gold. but as i say Gold is still cold so astro can't be good all the time ;)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”