Astroboy Japan Airlines (?) commercial

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
JayWicky
Kokoro Robot

Astroboy Japan Airlines (?) commercial

Postby JayWicky » 18 years ago

Hey there, fellas. This is my first post here, so be gentle. ;-) (Is there a thread where I should introduce myself ? Couldn't find it.)

I have seen a commercial starring Astro, probably for Japan Airlines, but I can't be sure. It didn't show Astro lying through the city as it was refered to here on one old thread. It went like this :

This is all live-action, not animation. Inside a Japan Airlines(?) plane, one of the passengers seems to be intrigued by the man sitting next to him. Finally, he gets enough courage to ask :

"Excuse me, sir, but... wouldn't you happen to be... Astroboy ?"

Camera pans out, and we see... a grown-up man in a costume, sporting Astro's trademarked hairstyle! In the background, one can hear the Astroboy musical theme.

"Yes, actually, I am.
- Oh God ! D-do you mind ?
- Please do."

And the guy next to Astro checks out if he's really Astro, taps his thigh, and yes, it makes a "tap-tap-tap" sound, the guy is really made of metal, plastic and circuits!

The guy is extatic. He can't stop asking Astro questions...

"But, Mr. Astro, sir... I'm sorry, but... How come you use Japan Airlines ? Can't you fly on your own ?
- Well, yes I can... But you see, when I'm flying so high in the sky, with only my black briefs and red boots on, sometimes I get cold, you know?"

Astro puts on his electric blanket.

"While here, I feel so comfortable."

I saw that commercial in a show about commercials from around the world. Unfortunately I couldn't record it on VHS. Anybody here has seen it, and would know of some youtube link to it ?

Hope that was not too much of an annoying post to start with. Peace, all of you.

JW

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 18 years ago

Hi and welcome! :) Some members chose to introduce themselves in the General section, you can do so if you wish to.

As for your question, I can't help. :(

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Welcome JayWicky!

Sounds like a cool commercial. Do you know the name of the show? And what country was it aired in?

Kimba
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Kimba » 18 years ago

DrFrag wrote:And what country was it aired in?

Uh...JAPAN. :lol:

Oh, and welcome JayWicky.

Punch-Out: Astro Style!

Starring: Astro as Little Mac, Dr. Elefun as the Referee, and Daddy Walrus as the Fat guy Who Makes You Wear a Pink Jogging Suit!

Kimba wrote:Wow, this thread fell faster than Astro flying really high with low energy.

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 18 years ago

Kimba wrote:Uh...JAPAN. :lol:

The show about the commercials, not the commercial itself. :)

JayWicky
Kokoro Robot

DrFrag wrote:The show about the commercials, not the commercial itself. :)

It was aired in France, on a cable channel so I don't think it really helps...

Thanks for the warm welcome, I'll go and introduce myself in the general section !

JW

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 18 years ago

man, does any one come from britian

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 18 years ago

JayWicky wrote:It was aired in France, on a cable channel so I don't think it really helps...

I often watch French TV, but I never saw this one. On which channel was it? And when did you see it?

Oh, and welcome ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

JayWicky
Kokoro Robot

fafner wrote:I often watch French TV, but I never saw this one. On which channel was it? And when did you see it?

It was on Planete, in a show called "Planete Pub" IIRC, several months ago already.

JW

Ataru Moroboshi
Robot President
Location: L'Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona province, Autonomous Community of Catalonia, Spain, Europe.

Postby Ataru Moroboshi » 18 years ago

JayWicky wrote:Hey there, fellas. This is my first post here, so be gentle. ;-) (Is there a thread where I should introduce myself ? Couldn't find it.)

I have seen a commercial starring Astro, probably for Japan Airlines, but I can't be sure. It didn't show Astro lying through the city as it was refered to here on one old thread. It went like this :

This is all live-action, not animation. Inside a Japan Airlines(?) plane, one of the passengers seems to be intrigued by the man sitting next to him. Finally, he gets enough courage to ask :

"Excuse me, sir, but... wouldn't you happen to be... Astroboy ?"

Camera pans out, and we see... a grown-up man in a costume, sporting Astro's trademarked hairstyle! In the background, one can hear the Astroboy musical theme.

"Yes, actually, I am.
- Oh God ! D-do you mind ?
- Please do."

And the guy next to Astro checks out if he's really Astro, taps his thigh, and yes, it makes a "tap-tap-tap" sound, the guy is really made of metal, plastic and circuits!

The guy is extatic. He can't stop asking Astro questions...

"But, Mr. Astro, sir... I'm sorry, but... How come you use Japan Airlines ? Can't you fly on your own ?
- Well, yes I can... But you see, when I'm flying so high in the sky, with only my black briefs and red boots on, sometimes I get cold, you know?"

Astro puts on his electric blanket.

"While here, I feel so comfortable."

I saw that commercial in a show about commercials from around the world. Unfortunately I couldn't record it on VHS. Anybody here has seen it, and would know of some youtube link to it ?

Hope that was not too much of an annoying post to start with. Peace, all of you.

JW

:lol:
How funny! Let's see if I can find it on-line!!!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”