What is your favourite version of astroboy

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
stoogefreaky
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby stoogefreaky » 17 years ago

I think Astro kicks more butt in the 80s than in the 2003 series. I feel like he just talked alot in the 03.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

1980 :cool:
1magus wrote:I think there is already a topic like this but I could be mistaken. Most here like the 80s the most. There seems to be more hate for the 03 version and for good reason but I still adore it :wub:

I don't think that "hate" is the correct word :D Personally, even though I think it could have been much better, I sure don't "hate" it.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

crystal wrote:i luv o3 but dident get 2 see the end of the last epp. PLEASE tell me you know where i can view it on the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BVfmW9lfIA part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_87A35Xtfc part 2

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

fafner wrote:I don't think that "hate" is the correct word :D Personally, even though I think it could have been much better, I sure don't "hate" it.

Yeah, think of it like a third-favourite ice cream flavour. :D

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

DrFrag wrote:Yeah, think of it like a third-favourite ice cream flavour. :D

Among 3 flavours, that's not exactly the best place though :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

i'll have to see the otheres first... but i think the 1980 ones sound cooler

Kaileocomial
Metro City Citizen

Postby Kaileocomial » 17 years ago

I prefer the 80's version by far, the 60's is a close second & the 2003 a distant third. If I can count the comics, they'd actually have to come in either first, or tied with the 80's show.

The 60's show was great, but if you ask me it put too much emphasis on the sight gags & the humour of Tezuka's comics. There was a seriousness to the original comics that just isn't there. The 2003 series looks amazing, but it compleately lacks any of that 'Tezuka' brand humour & is almost too serious to be taken seriously... not to mention it is so drastically different from tezuka's original vision, that it's almost insulting. Some of the things they changed (and I'm not just talking about the Dub here) were so pointless and unneccesary. I have a hard time imagining that Osamu Tezuka would be pleased with what they've done... But damn, it sure looks nice!

The 80's series, though not exactly perfect, gets the balance right if you ask me. It looks better than the 60's series & manages to be serious without loosing it's sense of humour, and it has FAR more respect for the source material than the 2003 series.

My 4 year old son hasn't seen the 2003 series, but seems to prefer the 60's series over the 80's at the moment (although I suspect that has alot to do with the fact that he's seen every 80's episode a million times & the 60's are still fresh to him).

zeo
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby zeo » 17 years ago

well...ive only ever seen episodes of the 2003 version...and,as cool as they are,and how chiling the storyline can be at times (not to mention more Dr tenma),the overall look of metro city just look too weird...mostly the school and astro's home.
the 80's version appeals to me the most.i may only have seen the opening (and astro forever's humorous parody of it) but the chibiness of astro really reals me in like a hooked fish. that and atlas looks mcuh more badass in the 80's then in the 2003 version...and he probebly sounded better to...
yeah,i too have a deviant art acount ^.^ pop in some time to enjoy the fine art of rubishness!
as aproved by astro boy!
http://firelancess78.deviantart.com/
as aproved by astro boy!
ImageImageImage...what?

Matty_kool
Metro City Citizen

Postby Matty_kool » 17 years ago

My Dad Likes astroboy he prefers the 80's version and i am the one that got him hooked on it. he does'nt think much of the 03 version. Neither do i, sure the graphics are good, but where is the humour, the emotions? The 80's version has everything that is needed. i think they should remake the 80's eps so they have good graphics but the same story-line and characters and word-4-word. origonal themes and the characters to look exactly the same. just better graphics. And maybe a few new eps based from the 80's aswell. :astro: :astro: :astro: :astro:
"I just don't wanna leave you. It's just that you mean so much to me. I guess that humans would call this special feeling love."

←[SIZE=4]←[/SIZE] :astro: Osamu Tezuka 3 Nov 1928 - 9 Feb 1989. 48 DAYS BEFORE I WAS BORN.

Long Live Osamu Tezuka :astro: We All Praise You.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”