Plastic Skin

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

Spike wrote:I used to enjoy combat movies but after spending 4 years in the Navy and cos it was my job i had to know all the small arms weapons back to front, now when i watch movies with gunfights in them all i can think is.....that's not the sound that calibre makes or that's way too much rounds for that magazine or even hey you can clearly see the blank rounds on the machine gun belts (black hawke down just to name one) before i would have never noticed these things and now it's second nature, i can tell if a gun's timing is out just by listening to it rattle of rounds, i wish i could just sit back and enjoy the movie but my brain keeps nitpicking things and it gets really annoying, ruins the effect of some movies.

I went to see the Hunt for Red October with a friend who had been an attack sub's sonar technician. He just couldnot let me enjoy the film, he constantly criticized the details of the interiors of both US & Soviet subs. :p irate:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

attack sub's sonar technician, cool :cool: i heard whole of the U.S navy couldn't find the the soviet sub :d oh:

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 17 years ago

jeffbert wrote:Hmm, I do not recall seeing that before, how many frames are in the sequence?

I see a familiar shape in the last frame's foreground, but is is not where I would expect to see it. :D

It's when he's trapped in the rubber vat where they make the death balloons. He can't get out so he turns on his jets to inflate the rubber.

jeffbert wrote:I went to see the Hunt for Red October with a friend who had been an attack sub's sonar technician. He just couldnot let me enjoy the film, he constantly criticized the details of the interiors of both US & Soviet subs. :p irate:

How about "Why does the Russian commander have a Scottish accent?" :D

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

DrFrag wrote:It's when he's trapped in the rubber vat where they make the death balloons. He can't get out so he turns on his jets to inflate the rubber.

And then, in the Japanese version of The Return of Queen Cleopatra, when trapped in the coffin in the beginning, he says something like "Oh yes, I remember I did that in The Death Balloon!" :lol:

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

DrFrag wrote:How about "Why does the Russian commander have a Scottish accent?" :D

he probably came to russia to work as a commander ;) , no wait i swear you have to work hard at it and slowly make it up the ranks to become commander :unsure: umm, thats odd :eek:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

Sparx wrote:he probably came to russia to work as a commander ;)

During cold war, it was extremely unlikely for anyone not Russian to work in the Russian army, and even more for someone from UK :D
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

crazyd2000
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby crazyd2000 » 17 years ago

What about thte boots and his jets? Do the boots have holes on the bottom?

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

fafner wrote:During cold war, it was extremely unlikely for anyone not Russian to work in the Russian army, and even more for someone from UK :D

they probably didn't trust people not from there country :lol: :d oh:

crazyd2000 wrote:What about thte boots and his jets? Do the boots have holes on the bottom?

yeah they do, well i think they do :ninja: anyway i'm sure that i saw astro with holes in this boots in the 2003 verison :) some one corect me if i'm wrong :D

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

crazyd2000 wrote:What about thte boots and his jets? Do the boots have holes on the bottom?

In 1980 yes, but why? His feet retracted when he flew, so why would he have needed a hole in the soles of his feet? :confused:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

Astro Forever wrote:In 1980 yes, but why? His feet retracted when he flew, so why would he have needed a hole in the soles of his feet? :confused:

There were holes in his snow boots in the 80s Plant Man--er, cannot think of the right name, but its the color version of 015 Plant People (E: 006 Grass Boy) :w00t:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”