Who is Your Favorite Character?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 17 years ago

"llama" wrote:you do realise i was just teasing you....nobody i know likes Tenma. :d evil:
I do like him. Not that I would like to have him as my father, but I see him as a very suffering man. It's doesn't make it right for him to do what he does, but every story needs a bad guy, and I happen to find him moving in his own way, especially in the 2003 series. In fact, I could say that Astro is my favorite character of the 1980 series (my favorite one), but if I had to pick one for the 2003 series, I think I would choose Tenma over Astro.

So, no, to me it didn't sound like a joke! :p

"llama" wrote:oh by the way how long have i been a member of this forum?
i forgot :d oh:
It's written just below my avatar. You can also get a more precise answer through my profil, which you can access by clicking on my nickname. :)

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 17 years ago

:tenma: Course wherever he`s in the Manga or 2003 version he always cool, i love these kind of Anti-Hero / Dath Vader types

and course Uran is way to cute,
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 17 years ago

Yeah same here, it's good to have a bad guy in it.

mr skunk
Robot President

Postby mr skunk » 17 years ago

Not only is he a cool character, he's so gosh-darn adorable! Omg you just wanna pinch his cheeks....
"Make like siamese twins and split.... and then one of you die."

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 17 years ago

"llama" wrote:OMG you like Tenma? he is the one who went mad and tried to 'destroy' astro or something. i have not seen the '03 version in a long time, so i cant remember exactly what happened. oh well. you are the first person i know who likes Tenma. :p but thats your opinion. and Astro is a bit offended that you like Tenma. No, Astro, please dont destroy the computer. here- play this board game with Uran.

I don't think that Astro Forever actually "likes" Tenma. We have discussed about that, and we both think that Tenma is a very interesting character, not because he is pleasant, but because he is deep as a character. He isn't the simple vilain who wants to take over the world just for fun, there is a background in him leading to this.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

"fafner" wrote:I don't think that Astro Forever actually "likes" Tenma. We have discussed about that, and we both think that Tenma is a very interesting character, not because he is pleasant, but because he is deep as a character. He isn't the simple vilain who wants to take over the world just for fun, there is a background in him leading to this.
This is exactly what I mean. :D

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 17 years ago

i think its `no wonder that Dr Tenma suddenly has a growing populairty since the 2003 series came out,

he`s a very complex anti hero releastic character, even in the old Manga series,

Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?

http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/

Visit my DA account!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 17 years ago

Which Tenma?
  1. Manga/1963 anime
  2. 1980 anime
  3. 2003 anime

I should even divide the manga further becuase Tenma in the Chronicles was far from the Tenma in Shonen, who after selling Atom to Hamegg, helped his creation fight Dr. Baribari, & even counseled Cleopatra to defy her creator, just as A defied T. The Chronicles made T downright evil, as he denied his wife's request to keep A. Yet, after a while he still helped A by making mama not only in form of Hoshie, but tuaght her that she was Hoshie. :tenma:

I am still occasionally working on the content for a website, but am thinking about seeing if Dark Horse will publish it. I have so much stuff that I cannot keep track of it. :lol:

Astro Forever
Administrator

"jeffbert" wrote:Which Tenma?
  1. Manga/1963 anime
  2. 1980 anime
  3. 2003 anime

As I said in an earlier post, I was thinking especially of the 2003 Tenma, because that's where his role is more prominent. I love the madness, the solitary organ sessions, the mix of good actions to save Astro and then to put hurdles in his way... :D :tenma:

The Chronicles made T downright evil, as he denied his wife's request to keep A. Yet, after a while he still helped A by making mama not only in form of Hoshie, but tuaght her that she was Hoshie. :tenma:
I've yet to read that part, so when it comes to the 1980 series or the manga, there's not much to remember about him. In the 1980 series, I still find his sadness and obsession moving, but of course it's not much in comparison of the 2003 series. That's basically all that makes me like the series, in fact.

I am still occasionally working on the content for a website, but am thinking about seeing if Dark Horse will publish it. I have so much stuff that I cannot keep track of it. :lol:
:lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”