Astroboy the movie ( Sticky? )

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

*weeps* Well, it IS a Monday. How many people go to the movies on a MONDAY?

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

Those must be the totals for America alone. They love the movie in China, so where's the addition of that income?! And as far as I know, the movie's getting plenty of love from Canada.

Funny story here...I'm in Japanese class at school, and my teacher came up to me after class on Tuesday, asking me how the movie was. (She had been reluctant to go because she didn't really like the Pixar-esque character designs.) I told her that it was pretty good, close to the original story, and then she asked me if "Ochanomizu-hakase" still looked the same, and what they called him in the movie. She laughed at "Dr. Elefun", and I ended up mentioning that was what they called him in the dubs. (I managed to not be nerdy through all this, and so far, she's considering going to the movie now. Don't say I'm not helping the war effort.)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:*weeps* Well, it IS a Monday. How many people go to the movies on a MONDAY?

Well, I suppose that if no one goes to the movies a monday, all movies are getting less entries, so places don't change ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astrosgirl91
Metro City Citizen

Postby Astrosgirl91 » 14 years ago

Are they making a new Astro Boy movie already?
"LET'S ROCKET!"~ :astro:

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Astrogirl91, the only thing I've seen on that is a few stories from *before* the movie was released indicating they may already be planning a sequel, but I haven't seen anything about it after the release, which worries me a tad. With the pretty poor numbers in the US and Japan but high numbers in China, I'm not honestly sure how they'll be feeling on the subject. But we can hope. (I know they've got a Gigantor movie in the works at this point - trailer looks pretty neat, though it's no Astro - hehe).

Just curious why you ask - have you heard something?

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

"sgupta" wrote:Astrogirl91, the only thing I've seen on that is a few stories from *before* the movie was released indicating they may already be planning a sequel, but I haven't seen anything about it after the release, which worries me a tad. With the pretty poor numbers in the US and Japan but high numbers in China, I'm not honestly sure how they'll be feeling on the subject. But we can hope. (I know they've got a Gigantor movie in the works at this point - trailer looks pretty neat, though it's no Astro - hehe).

I work for Paramount pictures and they're talking about either a sequel or a tv show, but they're not gonna do both I'm afraid. Only enough money for one. *Sighs.*
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Astrosgirl91
Metro City Citizen

Postby Astrosgirl91 » 14 years ago

"Nora" wrote:[QUOTE=sgupta;94125]Astrogirl91, the only thing I've seen on that is a few stories from *before* the movie was released indicating they may already be planning a sequel, but I haven't seen anything about it after the release, which worries me a tad. With the pretty poor numbers in the US and Japan but high numbers in China, I'm not honestly sure how they'll be feeling on the subject. But we can hope. (I know they've got a Gigantor movie in the works at this point - trailer looks pretty neat, though it's no Astro - hehe).

I work for Paramount pictures and they're talking about either a sequel or a tv show, but they're not gonna do both I'm afraid. Only enough money for one. *Sighs.*[/QUOTE]

I Think they should make a sequal :heart: ...That way no one has to miss any episodes if comes to be a TV show! :)
"LET'S ROCKET!"~ :astro:

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

"Nora" wrote:[QUOTE=sgupta;94125]Astrogirl91, the only thing I've seen on that is a few stories from *before* the movie was released indicating they may already be planning a sequel, but I haven't seen anything about it after the release, which worries me a tad. With the pretty poor numbers in the US and Japan but high numbers in China, I'm not honestly sure how they'll be feeling on the subject. But we can hope. (I know they've got a Gigantor movie in the works at this point - trailer looks pretty neat, though it's no Astro - hehe). Just curious why you ask - have you heard something?
I work for Paramount pictures and they're talking about either a sequel or a tv show, but they're not gonna do both I'm afraid. Only enough money for one. *Sighs.*[/QUOTE] Hey that's *great* news IMO! Thanks for the inside scoop! I'm actually just really glad they're considering doing something more! I can see advantages for both. A sequel would clearly be awesome as they could flesh it out more and go into deeper territory in the new 3D format with the first movie as a solid jumping off point! But a new TV series would be awesome as well as they could cover significantly more content than a movie version and have more time/chances to get people hooked (my only fear here would be them watering it down). Either way, the existence of either would give it another chance to become more popular in the US and garner new fans, so even if there's not money to do both now, could still happen in time if whatever they choose to do is done right and garners success.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

I seriously doubt that after pulling the series before it even reached its 1/2 way point, they (US TV companies) would even consider such a move. Likewise, US movie companies would not bother with a sequel to a film that captured less than 10% of the market. But, what do I know? :lol:

I think I would be seriously disappointed with the butchery that any US network would likely perform on such a TV series. As I have seen all of all 3 TV series in their entirety in both the Japanese & Americanized versions, I see a trend toward greater amounts of chopping in the more recent series. Granted, there were a few episodes that were entirely excluded from the US B&W series because their content was unacceptable, & there was at least 1 episode whose dialogue was so changed as to obliterate the beauty of the Bon festival, but those exclusions and rewrites were not of episodes that were vital to the overall plot, because there was none. In both the 1980s & 2003 series, the editors chopped out parts that were important, or just plain cute. I am not even talking about Eternal Boy, as that apparently saw no showings outside of Japan. :astro:

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

"sgupta" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;94130][QUOTE=sgupta;94125]Astrogirl91, the only thing I've seen on that is a few stories from *before* the movie was released indicating they may already be planning a sequel, but I haven't seen anything about it after the release, which worries me a tad. With the pretty poor numbers in the US and Japan but high numbers in China, I'm not honestly sure how they'll be feeling on the subject. But we can hope. (I know they've got a Gigantor movie in the works at this point - trailer looks pretty neat, though it's no Astro - hehe). Just curious why you ask - have you heard something?
I work for Paramount pictures and they're talking about either a sequel or a tv show, but they're not gonna do both I'm afraid. Only enough money for one. *Sighs.*[/QUOTE] Hey that's *great* news IMO! Thanks for the inside scoop! I'm actually just really glad they're considering doing something more! I can see advantages for both. A sequel would clearly be awesome as they could flesh it out more and go into deeper territory in the new 3D format with the first movie as a solid jumping off point! But a new TV series would be awesome as well as they could cover significantly more content than a movie version and have more time/chances to get people hooked (my only fear here would be them watering it down). Either way, the existence of either would give it another chance to become more popular in the US and garner new fans, so even if there's not money to do both now, could still happen in time if whatever they choose to do is done right and garners success.[/QUOTE]

The one thing I'm trying to find out is....if its going to show up (If in series) as the same CGI that the movie was in or is it going to be in regular animation.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”