Astroboy the movie ( Sticky? )

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

"fafner" wrote:Surely it isn't so long to translate it in a bunch of languages (they managed to do it for some movies, sometimes to the points where all versions were out the same day worldwide).

Especially since in your case, you'll see the same version I saw a month ago!

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

Well, for what I know it may be another version. After having seen Starwars Episode III a long time ago ( yes, it is a stupid pun :p ) , I downloaded it from the Internet, and managed to have a French version. A few years later I watched it on TV, and was surprised to hear expressions I was sure I hadn't heard in the version I had downloaded. I unburried the dowloaded version and found the parts that I thought were different, and they were: there clearly was 2 different French versions :confused: It happened I had downloaded the Quebec French version, which is different indeed.

For the curious, I had noted in the first French version (the Quebec one) the word "scarifié" (which basically means "scarified"), pronounced by Palpatine after the assassination attempt by the Jedi. I remembered it because I had never heard it before (of course, it is a Quebec-specific word). So when watching the French version on TV I paid attention to this part, and the word used by Palpatine was another one ("défiguré" I think, which means "disfigured").
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astrosgirl91
Metro City Citizen

Postby Astrosgirl91 » 14 years ago

"Nora" wrote:[QUOTE=sgupta;94143][QUOTE=Nora;94130][QUOTE=sgupta;94125]Astrogirl91, the only thing I've seen on that is a few stories from *before* the movie was released indicating they may already be planning a sequel, but I haven't seen anything about it after the release, which worries me a tad. With the pretty poor numbers in the US and Japan but high numbers in China, I'm not honestly sure how they'll be feeling on the subject. But we can hope. (I know they've got a Gigantor movie in the works at this point - trailer looks pretty neat, though it's no Astro - hehe). Just curious why you ask - have you heard something?
I work for Paramount pictures and they're talking about either a sequel or a tv show, but they're not gonna do both I'm afraid. Only enough money for one. *Sighs.*[/QUOTE] Hey that's *great* news IMO! Thanks for the inside scoop! I'm actually just really glad they're considering doing something more! I can see advantages for both. A sequel would clearly be awesome as they could flesh it out more and go into deeper territory in the new 3D format with the first movie as a solid jumping off point! But a new TV series would be awesome as well as they could cover significantly more content than a movie version and have more time/chances to get people hooked (my only fear here would be them watering it down). Either way, the existence of either would give it another chance to become more popular in the US and garner new fans, so even if there's not money to do both now, could still happen in time if whatever they choose to do is done right and garners success.[/QUOTE]

The one thing I'm trying to find out is....if its going to show up (If in series) as the same CGI that the movie was in or is it going to be in regular animation.[/QUOTE]

I have an idea! I found this trailer of an Astro boy movie that hasn't been translated! D oyou think you could do this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk8TdlrJkzo
"LET'S ROCKET!"~ :astro:

Astro Forever
Administrator

"fafner" wrote:Well, for what I know it may be another version. After having seen Starwars Episode III a long time ago ( yes, it is a stupid pun :p ) , I downloaded it from the Internet, and managed to have a French version. A few years later I watched it on TV, and was surprised to hear expressions I was sure I hadn't heard in the version I had downloaded. I unburried the dowloaded version and found the parts that I thought were different, and they were: there clearly was 2 different French versions :confused: It happened I had downloaded the Quebec French version, which is different indeed.

For the curious, I had noted in the first French version (the Quebec one) the word "scarifié" (which basically means "scarified"), pronounced by Palpatine after the assassination attempt by the Jedi. I remembered it because I had never heard it before (of course, it is a Quebec-specific word). So when watching the French version on TV I paid attention to this part, and the word used by Palpatine was another one ("défiguré" I think, which means "disfigured").

Interesting, I had no idea that "sacrifié" was a regionalism. :confused: :lol:

In an article I posted above in this thread, it was said that the Quebec version would be the worldwide French version (see the original post here, there is no spoiler in that post).

Here were my thoughts about the dubbing:

[Astro] sounded more or less like the 2003 Astroboy (unless my memory of the 2003 series is off). If Astro had a Quebec accent, I didn't find it really noticeable (our European friends will probably be better able to make that distinction than I am). On the other hand, Tenma must certainly have lived in French Canada at some point in his life! :p It's no surprise that it was the actor's first dubbing experience, I guess.

I've had no problems with the dub myself, but I do hope it will be accepted well enough in other countries so that it wouldn't deter them from accepting other Quebec dubbing in the future. In that regard, I'm a little bit disappointed that they didn't choose another actor for Tenma, because we have many of them who are perfectly capable of that more "international accent".

I'll be waiting for your thoughts when you will have seen it. ;)
Last edited by Astro Forever on Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

"Astrosgirl91" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;94164][QUOTE=sgupta;94143][QUOTE=Nora;94130][QUOTE=sgupta;94125]Astrogirl91, the only thing I've seen on that is a few stories from *before* the movie was released indicating they may already be planning a sequel, but I haven't seen anything about it after the release, which worries me a tad. With the pretty poor numbers in the US and Japan but high numbers in China, I'm not honestly sure how they'll be feeling on the subject. But we can hope. (I know they've got a Gigantor movie in the works at this point - trailer looks pretty neat, though it's no Astro - hehe). Just curious why you ask - have you heard something?
I work for Paramount pictures and they're talking about either a sequel or a tv show, but they're not gonna do both I'm afraid. Only enough money for one. *Sighs.*[/QUOTE] Hey that's *great* news IMO! Thanks for the inside scoop! I'm actually just really glad they're considering doing something more! I can see advantages for both. A sequel would clearly be awesome as they could flesh it out more and go into deeper territory in the new 3D format with the first movie as a solid jumping off point! But a new TV series would be awesome as well as they could cover significantly more content than a movie version and have more time/chances to get people hooked (my only fear here would be them watering it down). Either way, the existence of either would give it another chance to become more popular in the US and garner new fans, so even if there's not money to do both now, could still happen in time if whatever they choose to do is done right and garners success.[/QUOTE]

The one thing I'm trying to find out is....if its going to show up (If in series) as the same CGI that the movie was in or is it going to be in regular animation.[/QUOTE]

I have an idea! I found this trailer of an Astro boy movie that hasn't been translated! D oyou think you could do this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk8TdlrJkzo[/QUOTE]

Hun that so called movie wasn't much of a movie at all just 47 minutes long.

http://tezukaosamu.net/jp/anime/130.html

and I wish thy would translate that...but technically that movie has only been seen at Dragon-con. They don't even sell it. I wish they would.
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

"Astro Forever" wrote:Interesting, I had no idea that "sacrifié" was a regionalism. :confused: :lol:

Just to make things sure, it is "scarifié", not "sacrifié" ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

"fafner" wrote:[QUOTE=Astro Forever;94428]Interesting, I had no idea that "sacrifié" was a regionalism. :confused: :lol:

Just to make things sure, it is "scarifié", not "sacrifié" ;) [/QUOTE]
Ooops!

Well, you know what? Never heard "scarifié" myself before you told me. :lol:

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

"Astro Forever" wrote:Well, you know what? Never heard "scarifié" myself before you told me. :lol:

Well, just watch the Quebec version of Starwars Episode III then, and pay attention to Palpatine's speach in the senate right after his assassination attempt ;)

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 14 years ago

"Astrosgirl91" wrote:[QUOTE=Nora;94164][QUOTE=sgupta;94143][QUOTE=Nora;94130][QUOTE=sgupta;94125]Astrogirl91, the only thing I've seen on that is a few stories from *before* the movie was released indicating they may already be planning a sequel, but I haven't seen anything about it after the release, which worries me a tad. With the pretty poor numbers in the US and Japan but high numbers in China, I'm not honestly sure how they'll be feeling on the subject. But we can hope. (I know they've got a Gigantor movie in the works at this point - trailer looks pretty neat, though it's no Astro - hehe). Just curious why you ask - have you heard something?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk8TdlrJkzo[/QUOTE]

if we could...may we do a dub with us?

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Hey, I found the movie on Youtube in Spanish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xE2QfqiIbM
I show this not to recommend any spanish speaking people skip out on this in theaters, but so you all have an opportunity to take your own screenshots. Screenshots such as this!
"No, it's going to be perfect... PERFECT!!" :lol:
All you need to do to take screencaps from youtube is to pause at the scene you want, press the "Print Screen" button, open Paint or any image editing program, click "paste" in edit and you've got a full screenshot of the screen.
But if you're going to do i, do it now before Youtube takes it down.
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”