Astroboy the movie ( Sticky? )

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

Hey, kids! Today I found out there was a fairly large segment in Famous Kids Magazine, which is a throwaway magazine that is given out for free in Canadian theatres. I found out about this issue on eBay, where someone was selling it for almost $10...luckily, I knew I could just bike down to the theatre and get one for free. Enjoy the complete scans...

The cover
Movie summary, and a few of those pictures we've seen a dozen times before.
Then there was a segment written by an Australian woman talking about her huge collection of Astro Merchandise, highlighting the weirder items.
page one, page two
(I find it funny that her husband's name is Zane, which is also the name of an orphan boy in the movie.)
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

Nice!

I've read something about the movie on my newspaper's website. The text was somewhat similar to what had been written on the French DVD boxset... which itself was very close to the text I had written myself and put on the web some years ago. :shifty: :rolleyes: My version was well written though, unlike the one about the movie. :d evil:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

I want to see that woman's house :lol: I wonder if she knows about this board

DrFrag
Cosmic Ranger

Postby DrFrag » 14 years ago

Astro Boy explores the galaxy on his own and has x-ray vision? Clearly I haven't been paying attention.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

He had something similar to xray vision in the 2003 series; it was used in the episode about the train with the bomb. About exploring the galaxy, I am wondering if maybe this is an exaggeration.

BTW, thank you for the images, Fauna.

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 14 years ago

epic!

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

"DrFrag" wrote:Astro Boy explores the galaxy on his own and has x-ray vision? Clearly I haven't been paying attention.

LOL Yeah. I wondered about that part myself :confused:

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

X-ray visions? i don t think he have that one i think the it sounds like flash light that he uses when its dark...hmmm maybe iam wrong :confused:

Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

I don't think Famous Kids was wrong. Here's a little something from the movie adaptaion comic, issue two...

ImageImageImageImage

Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!

Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TasZero » 14 years ago

I thought the train episode from the 2003 series was just a complex scan? Since the train could scan itself and I figure Astro just had advanced scanning? Of course I haven't watched that episode in quite some time so I can't really be sure.

This picture clearly looks likwe Xray vision, although there is still a tiny chance (less that 1% ;) that he is just scanning his body.
I figure all superheroes now need Xray vision... at least thats what the people making the movie thought.
Thanks for the pic.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”