Osamu Tezuka

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
tonigirl1000
Banned

Osamu Tezuka

Postby tonigirl1000 » 16 years ago

Hi- Thanks everyone, wonder if Osamu Tezuka thought that Astroboy would have fans over 57 years after he created him? :) :wub: :heart: :astro:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 16 years ago

I'm sure he'd be moved and honored. I'm moved when my original character art gets faves on Deviantart. I can't imagine what i'd be like to have fans of my creation over half a century later

tonigirl1000
Banned

Hi- Thanks Dragonrider1227, pray you will have the pleasure of knowing you inspired people many years from now, your friend Toni.

Tetsuwan_haruhi
Kokoro Robot

Postby Tetsuwan_haruhi » 16 years ago

Tezuka Osamu is an awesome guy!
REST IN PEACE!

tonigirl1000
Banned

Thanks Tetsuwan_Haruhi, i would had loved to had met him.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Did not realize how popular Osamu Tezuka was till last night. That also means Astroboy is more popular then i thought. Talk to some people at another web site and found that they were fans of Osamu Tezuka and Astroboy. Thanks, praying all of you the very best, Toni.

munquibyte
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby munquibyte » 16 years ago

From what I've heard, Osamu was an alleged uber nice guy. He had big problems with political and religous ideologies that pushed 'group think', probably from coming out of the WWII years.
There was a story about an occupying American officer clocking him with the butt of a rifle, which really soured him on the whole military thing.
He wasn't anti-authority or anti-establishment, but he had a thing for showing cops and military personnel as bull-headed and slightly antagonistic.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Thanks Munquibyte for the information about Osamu Tezuka. Praying you the very best, your friend Toni.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 16 years ago

Frederik L. Schodt recently wrote The Astro Boy Essays: Osamu Tezuka, Mighty Atom, and the Manga/Anime Revolution, in which he reveals what Tezuka was like, and as Schodt actually knew him, this is as good a source as any.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Thanks, everyone i hope the Astroboy film is a great success and dedicated to Osamu Tezuka and everyone who cares.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”