Share Picture Of Your Astro Boy Collection

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"InsaneAstroBoyLover" wrote:[QUOTE=Astro Boy2866;140396][QUOTE=InsaneAstroBoyLover;140072][attachment=]310[/attachment]
Let I remind you, Im 13. For my age, I'd say im pretty lucky to have such a big collection, AND my parents are literally poor. It took my half a year to get all this, but still. Im pretty lucky.

Very nice collection ;) . So did you buy them, did your parents or both?[/QUOTE]

Lets just say both. I worked for the money by doing chores and my allowance pays for it. :D [/QUOTE]

Lucky you, I had to pay for all of this with my own money, my parents didn't spend a penny, they probably don't even know I have most of this stuff :ninja: . All of these items came together to make a total that was a few hundred dollars. I bought all this without receiving money for chores and allowance (because I never get any :( ), just imagine what I could get if I actually had an allowance :eek:

It kind of sad really. My parents are getting concerned with my obession. They say I can spend my money on whatever, but they're just a little upset im spending it all on one fictional character. they say I should save my money like a normal girl and go to the mall with a friend or something. Well.. If normal is not being myself, then I don't want to be normal. I want to be a nerd and spend all of my allowance on all the fictional characters and storys that I love because thats who I am. DFTBA! :w00t:

I feel your pain. My parents are starting to feel the same way about me. My dad always asks, "So what's the big deal about Astro Boy?" He probably thinks it's stupid, but mom is pretty cool with it though. If they ever notice a package in the mail, they always question why I buy all this Astro Boy stuff and my answer is simple, "Because I want to." and i always think "I'll do what I want with my money and if I want to spend it on Astro Boy stuff, then so be it." like you said, this is who I am :D :cool:
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

Gotta Love ASTRO BOY
Cosmic Ranger

Postby Gotta Love ASTRO BOY » 13 years ago

My parents are the same way. My dad would say "Why spend your money on Astro stuff when you could save it and buy something you really want?" Then of course I'm like "But everything else I could buy isn't what I want." So far have haven't bought anything Astro beside the 03 boxset *face palm*

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

Its a funny story about my 80 Series boxset. I wouldn't have it if it weren't for my friend Samantha. Me and her are good friends because she understands my obsession for Astro boy. (she's obsessed with bleach) Well one day, we went to Half price books and We were looking through the manga and there wasn't anything I was really Interested in. I told her I was going to look around. So I walked around and I noticed the had a WHOLE DVD section, so I couldn't resist the urge to look through. I saw a Bleach CD and I went to go tell Sam. When I dragged her back she saw the Astro boy boxset sticking out of the bookshelf like a sore thumb. She pulled it out and was like "Dude, Did you see this?" I looked over and my heart dropped. Seriously. So It was like $20 so We got it and Sam paid for her manga and my boxset. I asked her why, she just said It wasn't a problem. I told her I'd pay her back, but she told me not to. (oh and she got the Mcdonalds toy for my for my birthday)

fire_roses
Kokoro Robot

Postby fire_roses » 13 years ago

Mine is too big to post pics lol Check it out at my deviantart:

http://kingoftheatom.deviantart.com/
(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´
¤ º° ¤`•.¸.•´ ¤ º° ¤ •.¸¸.•´¯

Check out my collection at: http://kingoftheatom.deviantart.com/

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 13 years ago

Hi Fire Roses! Nice to see you made an account on here! Welcome to the forums!

Shiyonasan
Administrator

Postby Shiyonasan » 13 years ago

"Gotta Love ASTRO BOY" wrote:So far have haven't bought anything Astro beside the 03 boxset *face palm*

The only Astro Boy merchandise I have is the first Dark Horse Astro Boy manga, so don't feel bad. ;)

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

My parents actually support me liking Astro Boy. Mom got me the 80's series boxset for Christmas, and I like to save my allowence to get copies of manga and stuff. I got 21 out of 23 so far. I also sewed a doll of Astro Boy, Uran, and several other Tezuka characters, my Dad got me a big biograpgy/art book of Osamu Tezuka for my birthday last year, and I bought the movie when it first came out. I also decorated a tee shirt. It's pink, and on it I have a black sillolette of Astro's head, and above it I wrote his name in Japanese characters, and under it I wrote Astro Boy in capital letters.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 13 years ago

"InsaneAstroBoyLover" wrote:[QUOTE=Astro Boy2866;140396][QUOTE=InsaneAstroBoyLover;140072][attachment=]310[/attachment]
Let I remind you, Im 13. For my age, I'd say im pretty lucky to have such a big collection, AND my parents are literally poor. It took my half a year to get all this, but still. Im pretty lucky.

Very nice collection ;) . So did you buy them, did your parents or both?[/QUOTE]

Lets just say both. I worked for the money by doing chores and my allowance pays for it. :D

It kind of sad really. My parents are getting concerned with my obession. They say I can spend my money on whatever, but they're just a little upset im spending it all on one fictional character. they say I should save my money like a normal girl and go to the mall with a friend or something. Well.. If normal is not being myself, then I don't want to be normal. I want to be a nerd and spend all of my allowance on all the fictional characters and storys that I love because thats who I am. DFTBA! :w00t: [/QUOTE]

If "normal" means being a stereotype, then forget about it :lol:

fire_roses
Kokoro Robot

Postby fire_roses » 12 years ago

"InsaneAstroBoyLover" wrote:Hi Fire Roses! Nice to see you made an account on here! Welcome to the forums!

Hello there! I actually had one I just forgot about it XD but you reminded me so thank you!!
(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´
¤ º° ¤`•.¸.•´ ¤ º° ¤ •.¸¸.•´¯

Check out my collection at: http://kingoftheatom.deviantart.com/

InsaneAstroBoyLover
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby InsaneAstroBoyLover » 12 years ago

"fire_roses" wrote:[QUOTE=InsaneAstroBoyLover;140690]Hi Fire Roses! Nice to see you made an account on here! Welcome to the forums!

Hello there! I actually had one I just forgot about it XD but you reminded me so thank you!![/QUOTE]

Oh. Herp derp derp.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”