Daichi's Musing and Rants

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Daichi
Robot President

Daichi's Musing and Rants

Postby Daichi » 15 years ago

I like conversation. Essentially, I'd like to go on about whatever Atomu-related topic is on my mind and whomever can say whatever and so we can converse back and forth. Why do I do these things? Because I am bored, that's why, and because I have quite a lot to say.

At the moment, I am busy working on four fanfictions: One Gyakuten Saiban, one Black Jack, one Rokkuman DASH, and, of course, one Tetsuwan Atomu.

As one can expect from me, it is very Atlas-centric, which has put me on a particularly Atlas-centred thought train. He is a cyborg, with the brain of a human boy and the body of a robot, built by human hands. It is easy to see wherein his struggle comes. Who is he? What is he? Is there anywhere that he can find acceptance? After all, his own father abandoned him, he was created to destroy and seek vengeance, his body is half and half, he's a living weapon... Where, where does he fit in the world's grand plan?

The fan fiction I am working on, I'll say only a little of it. It is rated 14+, and only for people with open minds. It is very dark, as I intend to explore his feelings more deeply... There is a glimmer of light that aides him, but people with closed minds would not be able to appreciate this glimmer for what it is and how it helps him to try and find a new purpose and place in life. That is to say, it's ammoral in some people's eyes, not that Osamu Tezuka would have approved of such inability to accept others... >_>

Mostly, I wanted to chatter about Atlas. Next time it'll be Rag or Pero, I think, since I have a lot to say about them as well!

Hn... I feel that Atlas is underappreciated as a character. He's really a good person, under the rough and violent exterior. Beneath the vicious weapon of destruction is really just a young boy who desires love and acceptance. His greatest wish is for a family, to love and to be loved, to care about someone else's life more than his own and see his life cared for in the same way.

He is a dark creature with a beautiful soul.

...That's all for now, folks.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."
-Atlas

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

Postby Strange Wings » 15 years ago

The fanfics you're planning to do sound very intriguing! :)

I feel the same way about Atlas, not alone for the '03 one but also for his 80's equivalent. Although he comes across as rather rough and revengeful there's still a little glimpse of compassion and love within him. His violent acts are nothing but silent cries for acceptance and comfort, and there have been many situations occuring in which he could make use of his terminal powers very easily, but plenty of times he hesitated giving the deathblow to his opponents, namely Astro as well as Atlas' biological dad.

This concerning, the 80's Atlas used to be less demure, especially when I think at him terminating Walpur Guiss or Ltd Kili.

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 15 years ago

Wish YOU the best on your ATLAS story- Daichi- thanks and hugs

Daichi
Robot President

"Strange Wings" wrote:The fanfics you're planning to do sound very intriguing! :)

I feel the same way about Atlas, not alone for the '03 one but also for his 80's equivalent. Although he comes across as rather rough and revengeful there's still a little glimpse of compassion and love within him. His violent acts are nothing but silent cries for acceptance and comfort, and there have been many situations occuring in which he could make use of his terminal powers very easily, but plenty of times he hesitated giving the deathblow to his opponents, namely Astro as well as Atlas' biological dad.

This concerning, the 80's Atlas used to be less demure, especially when I think at him terminating Walpur Guiss or Ltd Kili.

Ah, that's all very true. In fact, I see his expression of love for Livian as being shown vibrantly simply in the self-restraint he shows when she betrays him. She cuts him to the quick, but he still loves her and still does not harm her. He is a very rough and violent character, but not actually bad.

Although he is indeed a very deep character, my preference is infinitely toward his 2003 counterpart, for a wide variety of reasons I do not mind talking about. Hahaha...
Last edited by Daichi on Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."

-Atlas

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 15 years ago

Aw man it does sound good hope you post it on your life journal.
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

Daichi
Robot President

Aw, thanks, Hikari! Yeah, I definitely will. ^^

-Atlas

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

"Daichi" wrote:Ah, that's all very true. In fact, I see his expression of love for Livian as being shown vibrantly simply in the self-restraint he shows when she betrays him. She cuts him to the quick, but he still loves her and still does not harm her. He is a very rough and violent character, but not actually bad.

Although he is indeed a very deep character, my preference is infinitely toward his 2003 counterpart, for a wide variety of reasons I do not mind talking about. Hahaha...

I think both the '03 and 80's Atlas share similarities, not so much in terms of visual appearance but more on the psychological/emotional side. However, in the 2003 episodes it's more of a father/son conflict nurtured by the way Atlas has been raised by his father, other than in the 80's series in which Livian had become sort of a mother figure for him, i.e. as she comforted him for the mistreatments by Walpur Guiss and Skunk. Thus, it makes me wonder whether the 80's Atlas actually is able to feel real love for Livian, or if he just never casted off his projection of Livian's mother role for him.
What's for sure however, both Atlasses (<--- correct plural? Or rather "Atlantes"? :D ) share bad biases of misled childhoods, and that's what makes his character so profound. :)

Perhaps the '03 Atlas episodes are a bit more based on reality since each of us may have an idea what it means getting mishonored by a parent, and what consequences it will entail. The first 12 years of childhood are crucial for a human's nature, and the young Daichi has been confronted with loneliness and also with his dad's lack of love for him. I think the most of us would end up as a castoff being brought up like that. The step from an insecure and unloved boy to a violent man is a very little one.

Personally what I like about the 80's Atlas stories is his brother/brother relation with Astro. Atlas has been raised with the belief that he's the only one of his kind; and then Astro crosses his way. It's as if Atlas was looking in the mirror spotting all those things on him he don't like at all, so he wants nothing more badly than to shatter his reflection (Astro) for not having to think about his kindhearted nature (which eventually broke through within him nonetheless, otherwise he would have finished off Astro at the bottom of the sea in the original 80's episode #2).

Legeremain99
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Legeremain99 » 15 years ago

:) Strange Wings...I believe the plural for Atlas, would be Atlas'. In other words if you were to say the 80's Atlas or if you were to say both the 2003 and the 80's Atlas', then it would be with an apostrophe. I'm not sure, but if my english class memories serve me correctly I think that's the rule on a name like that. :) Hope I was helpful... :)

-Legeremain99 :) :astro:

tonigirl1000
Banned

Postby tonigirl1000 » 15 years ago

Thanks- i hope the way i have ATLAS IN MY STORY is accurate of him now- hugs

Strange Wings
Beyond the Stars

"Legeremain99" wrote: :) Strange Wings...I believe the plural for Atlas, would be Atlas'. In other words if you were to say the 80's Atlas or if you were to say both the 2003 and the 80's Atlas', then it would be with an apostrophe. I'm not sure, but if my english class memories serve me correctly I think that's the rule on a name like that. :) Hope I was helpful... :)

-Legeremain99 :) :astro:

Yes, you were! :) Thanks, Legeremain99, I stand corrected now! Admittedly I've been a bit lost on that one, it seems the plural 'Atlantes' only goes for the big guide book. :lol:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”