cosplay idea

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

cosplay idea

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 15 years ago

When going to Anime Boston '08, I noticed a pattern in some cosplayers. Some dressed up as a character, and also carried plushes of the character that always follows them around in the series. For example, I saw cosplayers of Light from Death Note carrying Ryuk plushes, and cosplayers of Axel from Kingdom Hearts carrying Roxas plushes. So this gave me an idea. I want to dress as Dr. Ochanomizu and carry an Astro Boy plush. I've already got the plush, I just need the costume
This is the look I plan on doing. Partially because it's his classic Manga look, (But also because it would be easier than his 2003 look :p ) All I need is a trip to the Salvation army for a white coat, brown pants, and a green tie. (I've already got a blue office shirt and a pair of black business shoes. What i'm really concerned about is the hair. What does everyone think of this idea? Any ideas? on how to do it?

CommanderEVE
Beyond the Stars

Postby CommanderEVE » 15 years ago

I cosplayed yesterday. I was Ulquiorra the 4th Espada from Bleach.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 15 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:What i'm really concerned about is the hair. What does everyone think of this idea? Any ideas? on how to do it?

Cotton? :unsure:
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

I was thinking the same thing however, i'm rather dark skinned. Do they make bald-caps my shade? I've looked around some Halloween stores and have yet to find them

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

Postby AstroBoyGF » 15 years ago

OH! up date on my astro boy cosplay! the boots and the pants are done!!

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

that's awesome! I can't wait to see this when it's done :D

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

ME 2!

Palindrome
Kokoro Robot

Postby Palindrome » 15 years ago

That's such a cute idea. :D

I agree that cotton is probably your best bet with the hair. I'm pretty sure they make bald caps for almost any skin color, but if you can't find one in a store, you might have more luck shopping online.

AstroBoyGF
On a Flight into Space

another astro boy cosplay up date! i have the outfit done now i need 2 work on the hair!

Daichi
Robot President

Postby Daichi » 15 years ago

I've seen bald caps complete with hair very similar to that of Ochanomizu. Ah, I'm not entirely sure if they carry them in physical stores, but you should be able to find them on some internet shop or another. If you can't, simply buy a basic cap, then take a package of that spider-web stuff and use Elmer's glue to apply it. Make sure to bunch it up first, and be aware of the way it will look when you're actually wearing it. Otherwise, you'll end up with nothing but an awful, sticky mess.
"You will never understand how this feels. Look at me, I'm neither truly human nor truly robot. I'm a monster."
-Atlas

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”