New Fan Fiction: Walkies Some more.

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
diehard67
On a Flight into Space

Postby diehard67 » 14 years ago

aaaaaaaaa a clif hanger.

loved toe story so far, stayed up all night reading it, I just couldn't stop after finding out that astro died, can't wate for the rest

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

Outside, Gideon looked backwards to watch the front of the Snark disappear in a blast of bubbles as the first SLAM cruise missile cleared it’s tube and shot through the water like a white tornado!

“BIRD AWAY!” Replied the weapons officer as the sub shuddered from the rush of air and gases on the bow! The Captain mashed the toggle three more times and again the same shuddering raced through the sub as missile after missle erupted from their tubes to follow their leader through the depths!

“ALL BIRDS AWAY!”

‘Helmsman! Bring us about course 180, speed 45 knots! Hug the floor Sailor!”

The submarine rolled sharply around as the four missiles broke through the surface of the bay and ignited their engines with a shrieking roar!

Sotetsu Joinus Store
Downtown Tokyo
12 noon

Verney saw the contrails of the missiles as they arced over the bay and began to sail to their targets. “Do it!” He snapped at Takiuma, who pressed the Enter button on the lap top then watched as the signal stream flashed over the screen till it read “CONNECTED”

The captured sphere transmitted the interrupter signal to a nearby sphere, who sent it on to another, who sent it to another and soon spheres within sight of the two men started acting as if invisible hands were bouncing them all around the sky!

Takiuma smirked evilly. “Sucks to be you doesn’t it Mordred? Top this my dear brother!”

The Diet building

A lacky came running down the hallway screaming at the top of his lungs. “MISSILES! MISSILES ARE COMING FROM THE BAY!”

Tenma looked at his creation, who was suddenly showing a surprised look on his face and a sudden loss of confidence. “Problems my dear boy?” Tenma remarked calmly.

Mordred snarled and walked past him. “Shut up father!”

He ran out of the building and made it out through the front doors just in time to see a van roll to a stop after it had crashed through the front gates…

Laying on the street outside, Sparx mashed a button with his thumb. “Should have ducked!”

The van vanished in a hell spawn explosion that wrecked the building façade and sent Mordred flying back through the ground floor, out a back window and into a undignified crash into a fountain that brought the decorative seagull down on his head.

He didn’t get to his feet before Zenzo threw his arm down as he stood outside the compound and across the street. “LET HIM HAVE IT!”

The gang jumped from their hiding places and unleashed a stream of gunfire, rockets, hand grenades and gasoline bombs upon the scrambling robot!

The Imperial Palace

The gate guard saw the line of tanks roll into the parking lot then follow a smaller blue one as it raced towards him and stopped a foot from his face with its main gun pointed at him.
Leona smirked from her command hatch. “You can stand there and be a brave dumb ass or…” She gestured to the side. “There’s always the moat?”

The guard threw his pistol down and wisely chose to do a swan dive into the water as Leona kicked her driver’s shoulder. “Door please?”

The heavy wooden gate exploded in shards and the column of tanks rolled into the public reviewing plaza where Inspector Towashi leaped from the tail end tank and ran into the palace!

“His majesty?! Where’s his highness?!” Towashi snarled as he and Sergeant Deutadi ran through the compound and came upon a teenager in a formal suit. “Hey boy? Where’s his imperial majesty?”

Mitsuhito pointed to himself and Towashi snatched him up over his shoulder and ran out the palace excusing the curt interruption to the stunned palace staffers who were left gape mouthed at the whole act.

“YOU DO UNDERSTAND THERE’S PROTOCAUL WHEN HANDLING THE IMPERIAL PERSONAGE!” Mitsuhito screamed but obviously to little effect.

Sewer Line below the Science Annex

“BLOW IT!” Atlas snarled.

Keeyooma mashed the trigger in his hand and the steel and concrete disk came down with a ground shaking smash! Atlas had Reno and Keeyooma by their jackets when he flew them into the smoke filled haze inside the vault. “Ok? Where is it?” He asked as he lit his eye lights and fumbled about the small room. His sudden fall on his face confirmed he’d found it.

Reno quickly felt for the combination lock on the cover and started playing with it till Atlas pushed him off. “Don’t bother?” He said as he sliced the lock off with his finger laser and flipped the cover open.

“Here!” Atlas snorted as he pulled the canvas covered body out and passed it to Reno. “He gained weight...”

Reno replied. “He gained an inch too.”

“Whatever. Just pass it to Timber and let’s get out of here!”

Reno dropped the body down into Timber’s arms and shooshed him away. “Go on! Don’t stand there looking at it!” He turned to see Atlas welding the container shut. “Atlas? Forget about that and go!”

Atlas pursed his lips. “What?”

Reno pushed him. “Get out of here! Me and Keeyooma are gonna buy you guys some time now get!”

Atlas stood at the edge of the hole and snorted. “Please don’t do anything heroically stupid?”

“Never plan on it, now get!” Reno pushed Atlas down the hole and turned to Keeyooma.

“How’s your throwing arm?” The SEAL asked as he pressed the emergency button near the vault door and opened it up.

“Great!” Reno smirked back. “What’s your plan?”

Outside the Annex Building

Livian waited till the first cruise missile came down and blew up a gas station on the other side of the building. A wonderful diversion that turned back the arriving column of security vehicles led by Rock and caused the Peacekeeper bots at the front entrance to leave their post…

“AAAAATACK!” She snarled as her gang rode in from two side streets and fired on the Peacekeepers as they advanced towards the burning gas station! Caught with their vulnerable backs exposed, one of them blew up in a shower of metal, sparks and flame as an anti-tank rocket took it from behind!

Rock had not soon dismounted his armored truck then a second cruise missile slammed the building nearby, raining debris and the whole building face down on the hapless line of vehicles behind him….”Damn it!” He snarled as he ran for cover to avoid getting cut down by the attacking bikers.

The Olympic Stadium detention Center

The third cruise missile came down Oseki Street and over the top of the Peacekeeper bots and armored vehicles guarding the main entryway. It exploded in a violent mid-air burst that crushed the Peacekeeper bots below and threw vehicles around like mere toys in a tub!

Shinji and Kenada turned to their bikers and locked the bolts on their weapons….

“CHARGE!” Kenada screamed as he led his gang past the destruction, through the gateway and into the prison. He butt stroked a guard off his feet and clocked another one with a fist to the face…

“Open the cells you scum…open them now or so help me…” Kenada grabbed a microphone off a nearby table as the hapless guard started flipping switches. “YOUR FREE! GET OUT OF HERE NOW!”

Thousands of people were streaming out of the exits as the bikers waved them franticly by. ”There’s not much time! Go! Go! Go!...”
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

dannavy85
Banned

The Diet Building

Mordred was on his feet, snarling mad as he pointed his arm cannon and sent a blast of energy across the street and into a group of resistors. It was then that the fourth cruise missile found its target. It plunged strait down and slammed a foot away, its high percussion warhead lifted the blue bot off his feet, threw him over Zenzo’s head and through a wall!

“THAT’S IT! RUN! RUN BEFORE WE ALL GET KILLED!” Zenzo snarled as he ran along the line of fighters pushing and throwing them into flight! He found Sparx still laying in the street…

“What the hell are you doing?” He asked as he lifted Sparx up.

“Well…I found that spot of concrete to be absolutely perfect for a noon nap. You should try it out comrade.”

“Ugh! And you call yourself and advance robot?! Get a move on your silly bastard!”

“I beg to differ…my name is Sparx not Silly Bastard.”

“Whatever….RUN!”

The roof of the Science Annex

Keeyooma and Reno busted the door open and ran out onto the roof top. “How much time do we got?” Reno asked gasping.

“Two minutes.” Keeyooma replied as he knelt down, pulled plastic explosives bricks from his ruck sack and started tearing them up. “Feel like a little baseball pitching?” He asked Reno as the teen looked at the streets below.

“Toss one!” Reno replied smiling as Keeyooma pushed a detonator cap into a ball of C-4 and lobbed it at Reno. Reno caught it, whirled around and chucked it down towards a truck in the intersection below…

Rock was climbing out from behind a brick wall when he saw a ball fall from the annex roof and bounce under a parked truck in front of him…

“Oh…..shi…” He jumped back over the wall just as the plastic explosive detonated and sent the truck flying through the air and through the large picture window of a nearby bridal shop!

“Grrrr…..YOU IDIOTS!” Rock screamed to his men as they coward behind tress and under any place they could find. “GET UP AND STORM THE BUILDING!”

Another ball of C-4 smashed into a 7/11 sign, blew it off the post it was sitting on and sent it cart wheeling through the air to an explosive impact on a truck loaded with ammunition!

“Boo Yeah!” Reno yelped. “Strike!” “Throw me another one!”

“Don’t mind if I do!” Keeyooma said as he tossed another ball. Reno spotted a small pleasure boat on a trailer abandoned by its owner and smirked evilly as he let fly. “Anchors away my boys!”

Rocks men were running across the intersection when the C-4 ball exploded and threw the boat off its trailer into a sparking and screeching slide right at them!” Reno was jumping up and down, throwing his arms wildly about as he watched soldiers scatter like bowling balls all over the street. He fell back off the roof ledge just as bullets starting wizzing over his head.

Keeyooma suddenly snatched Reno by his jacket and pulled him head long into a fast retreat. “TIMES UP! WE GOTA GET OUT OF HERE!”

Roof
Sotetsu Joinus Store

Takiuma slammed the door behind him and bounded down the stairs after Verney. “That’s it! I’ll meet you back at the electronics store after I meet up with Atlas!”

Upper Tier
Five Gorges Dam
People’s Republic of China

The strange behavior of the attacking spheres around the upper tier lasted long enough for a single worker to make the 70 yard sprint across the upper span and through one of the service entry door ways that led to the lower machinery spaces. It also gave Supervisor Sing enough time to carry a wounded worker to a safer location before the sphere’s renewed their assault.

“Gasp…..at least….at least Yun made it. But what can one man do?” The wounded worker asked Sing as he bound up the man’s leg.

“If he can get just one spill gate to work, it will give us more time. But if we can’t get the others to open with the chance we have…nothing else will matter after that.”

dannavy85
Banned

Street
Two blocks from the Science Annex

Keeyooma slapped in the last magazine to his M-16 and pointed it down the street as he and Reno bolted from parked car to car as Rock’s men chased them.

“Down to my last magazine Reno!” Keeyooma gasped as he popped off a few shots to keep their pursuers heads down. “Any ideas would help about now!”

Reno snatched the pistol from Keeyooma’s leg holster and bashed out a car window. “Good thing I learned how to hot wire a car on Spike TV!” He said as he slipped into the driver’s seat, popped off the steering column cover and twisted the wires together. “Don’t just stand there, get in!”

Keeyooma rolled into the car just as Reno gunned the engine but they didn’t get far…

“SMASH!”

Something dropped out of the sky and pulverized the engine block! Reno shook the shattered windshield glass from his head just as a hand reached in and yanked him from the car…”GET OUT YOU FILTHY SCUM!” Atlas snarled as he slammed Reno into the concrete alongside the struggling Navy SEAL. “How nice of you two to be so helpful to me.” Atlas snarled evilly. “So you thought you could get away with giving Astro a nice new body?”

Reno was horrified. ‘WHAT?”

“Yeah….you led me right to it!” Atlas said giddishly as he picked Reno and Keeyooma off the street and threw them against a wall. “So you thought I was a coward for wanting to kill you in private? Oh…what I’m going to do to you? You’ll wish I did.”

Atlas knocked Keeyooma out and drew back as he picked Reno off the ground and hung him in the air by his fist. “I’m gonna pop your skull like a grape!”

Suddenly a hand snatched Atlas’s arm. “What are you doing?”

Atlas looked back to see Mordred standing behind him with the destroyed remains of Astro’s body in his hand.

“I’m taking care of this pest for you.” Atlas snorted. “As for that piece of junk my Lord? My pleasure.”

Mordred walked around Atlas and smiled at Reno. “Now now my dear Atlas. We can be a little less barbaric can we not? Let them live tonight? A last meeting with their other friends before we use them as an example to other would be traitors.”

Atlas pursed his lips then slugged Reno unconscious with a stomach punch. “They don’t deserve a decent death.”

Mordred waved a hand and watched as Reno and Keeyooma were dragged away. “I need you to find the Emperor. It seems the renegades took advantage of the chaos to take him away.”

Atlas nodded back. “And if I should find him?”

Mordred scowled. “He has outlived his usefulness. Kill him.”

Atlas turned to watch as Reno and Keeyooma were thrown into a truck. “I want to be there tomorrow when they’re executed. O’Shay and the others? Worthless in life, equally when they end up dead. I want to be the last thing they get to see.”

Mordred nodded. “Consider yourself my new right hand. When Rock is done with them? Kill him too.”

dannavy85
Banned

Next Morning
Grounds of the Diet Building

Atlas tossed Reno into Doctor O’Shay and Zoran who stood along with others who had been gathered up and were now crowded against a wall in the old Olympic stadium.

“Reno? Are you alright?” Zoran asked as she helped him to his feet.

“Sorry Doc…I kinda let you down.” Reno said as he gave Atlas a hate filled look.

Rock leaned against the blonde haired boy bot and smiled. “Well now…all nice and snug aren’t we? How about this? You all have a chance to save yourselves but only if you’ll get on your knees and beg our great leader for his forgiveness.”

Reno looked around at the people standing with him and almost giggled in reply. “You really are a pathetic jerk aren’t you?”

Atlas snarled as he walked up and grabbed Reno by the collar. “You really want to die, don’t you stupid? Face it…you humans finally lost out to a superior being better than you. Show some smarts for once and embrace our new world.”

Reno hawked up a thick glob of spit and gave Atlas a good splash in his face. “How about you stop flapping your gums jerk and just get it over with!”

Atlas wiped the mess from his face and frowned back. “Fine…the world will be better off without all you useless piles of pig fat!” he turned to Rock and snarled. “Waste em! They want to die, don’t wait another minute!”

Rock nodded and turned to the Samurai bots behind him as they brought their weapons to bear on the huddled group.

“READY!........AIM!.........”

Reno heard the hammers fall home.

Or….so he thought. He opened his eyes to see the armed Peacekeeper robots just ….standing there?

Rock snarled as he stomped up to one of the big robots and snatched the rifle from its hands. “You big moron! You put the safety on! Take the safety’s off now!”

Rock walked back to Atlas snarling. “They’re not as top of the line as I thought.” He brought his hand up. “Ready! Aim! FIRE!”

Once again the clicking sounds came and once again the robots switched their safety’s on.

“GRRRRRR! YOU BIG STUPID IDIOTS!” Rock was snarling mad. If only he paused to look behind him at the two figures sitting under a large tree a hundred yards away. Sparx was shielding his eyes from the morning sun while Hamegg worked a small control box in his hands…

“I think he’s about to have a heart attack. Do it again?” Sparx asked as he watched the frustrated Rock kick one of the Peacekeepers in the foot.

“If you think that’s funny you should see what I can do to a toaster.” Hamegg said with a cheese eating grin.

Rock snatched a rifle out of the hands of one robot and pointed it at Doctor O’Shay. “Might as well do this myself!”

Suddenly he screamed in pain and threw the now steaming red weapon away as it burned his hands! “ARRRRGH! I KNEW IT! ATLAS YOU DAMNED TRAITOR!”

Atlas however was bouncing on his toes with a most pleasing smile on his puss…”Don’t blame me.” He said as he pointed upwards.

Rock suddenly found himself face to face with Astro as he dropped from the sky and waved in Rock’s face…

Note: It’s the 2009 Astro…minus the arm cannons.

“Helllooooooo loser.” Astro said before smacking Rock with a two handed chop to his shoulders and dropping him like a limp sack of rice.

Atlas quickly ran and started untying the others. “Suddenly I feel so inadequate.”

“You always were.” Astro replied smiling.

Zoran jumped up and hugged her brother tightly. “ASTRO! (sobbing) OH MY BIG BROTHER!.....” Zoran gave him a puzzled look. “Uh…..bigger brother?”

“Just an extra inch.” Astro replied. Suddenly he got pushed from the side.

“YOU MISFIT! I ALMOST PISSED MY PANTS!” Reno snorted. “You could have shown up like, I dunno, LAST NIGHT!”

“You’re still breathing aren’t you?” Astro replied.

“I don’t want to beak up the huggy/kissy thing here but maybe we should like….get out of here?” Atlas said…

Suddenly he erupted in a cloud of sparks, smoke and flying pieces as a bolt of energy slammed into him and threw him away in a bouncing, sliding mess!

Mordred lowered his arm cannon and snarled as he approached. “So foolish of me to leave important maters to less capable underlings…”

Astro blocked Mordred from the others. “It’s kind of normal for creeps like you.”

“It would seem you have more lives…though I imagine not an equal amount of brains.” Mordred said as he warmed up the shimmering blue energy around his arms.

Astro turned and pushed the others away. “Get out of here!”

Was it going to happen again? Mordred fired his EMP pulses and struck Astro full in the chest, causing him to fall to his hands and knees!

“Oh my?” Mordred snarled. “Haven’t we been here before? Feeling a lack of spring in your step Astro? Like I said….long on life, short on brains.”

Mordred reached down and picked Astro up off his feet. “This time…you can sit back and watch while your friends die in front of you before we revisit our last playtime session…what was it? I think I destroyed you or I thought I did.”

Suddenly…Astro cranked a fist back and smashed Mordred so hard off his feet that he crashed through a tree…blew through a tank, which exploded…and crashed through a wall! The robot scrambled back to his feet in stunned shock but was even more stunned…

When his armored chest plate suddenly cracked?

dannavy85
Banned

Astro turned around to the soldiers who were surrounding his friends and said….”BOO!”

They wisely ran as Astro started walking towards Mordred with his fist clenched tightly. “Now about that “short on brains” remark?”

Mordred fired another EMP burst, then another, then another until Astro punched him again! He punched him several times till he jumped in the air and round-housed Mordred over the compound fence and into the street!

“Oh yeah! EMP doesn’t work or didn’t you notice that?” Astro said smirking.

Mordred looked down again to see more cracks covering his chest armor. He then turned to see Doctor Tenma sitting on a busted up car with an emotionless look on his face. “My, my Mordred. It seems your armor is looking a little weak isn’t it?”

Mordred snarled back and pointed his arm cannon, the blast just missing Tenma as Astro flew in, scooped him up and set him back down behind the enraged robot…

“So ignorant my friend. So cocky you were in your supposed victory that you neglected the one thing I thought you’d be programmed for. Vigilance. Didn’t I tell you the story of Cesar? Well the coffee I so clumbsingly spilled on you last night was my Brutus, not coffee at all…”

Tenma smirked evilly. “It was Nitrocerius Acid…and it loves armor plating for breakfast.”

Mordred snarled and cut loose a vicious furry of energy shots from his arm cannon as Astro scooped Tenma up and took off with Mordred on his heals.

“Did you have to tick him off?” Astro snapped.

“You look…a little bigger.” Tenma replied calmly.

“I don’t think this is the time….Dad! This is where you get off!” Astro flew through a tree, dropped Tenma in the branches and flew back up waving his arms. “Hey ugly! You want me? Come and get me!”

Mordred came at Astro shooting blasts from his arm cannon and growing more enraged every time Astro dodged them! “You’ve slowed down! You call that shooting?! So much for a stuffed animal prize!”

Astro closed his eyes and razzled Mordred…”Pffffffft!...you couldn’t hit the door of an outhouse 2 inches….”

Suddenly Mordred flashed in at supersonic speed and clocked Astro in the face, sending him flipping through the air and into a parked car!

“Ugh!....Ok….closing eyes, bad idea…..SHI……..!”

Astro pushed himself off the car just as Mordred came down and plowed into it! He slid on the concrete and threw his arms up just in time to block a flurry of wild punches and a kick that sent him flying through a wall!

“As I said before…” Mordred said calmly as he walked up, snatched Astro by the neck and slammed him into the street! “You can not beat the logical conclusion of the universe.”

Mordred threw a punch for Astro’s head but found it suddenly blocked…

“Funny thing about the universe? There’s no rules!” Astro snarled back as he punched and dented Mordred’s face, kicked him off and jumped up to send a furious barrage of punches all over Mordred’s body! The arm cannon shattered, the chest armor buckled, the side of Mordred’s face caved but he came back, snatched Astro by an arm and whaled on him furiously!

Astro flew backwards, slid over the concrete and broke a light pole in half before stumbling to his feet and looked at his caved in chest panel.

“Once again it all comes down to design doesn’t it?” Mordred said toyingly. “You are simply obsolete. You can only dent me so much can you? On the other hand?”

Mordred suddenly threw up his good arm and fired a shot from another arm cannon that slammed into Astro’s chest and broke the panel in half! Astro stumbled backwards using his arms to deflect another furious assault of punches that sent him bouncing down the street.

“You forget my friend…” Mordred said evilly. “Those who hold all the power? Make all the rules.”

Astro punched the ground with a fist and blasted off over the heads of his friends with Mordred screaming after him as they were trying to help Atlas. “COME BACK! COWARDICE WILL ONLY PROLONG YOUR SUFFERING!” Mordred screamed as he fired his arm cannon. Astro fired back with his hip guns and the chase became a wild flying melee across the skies of Tokyo and out into the countryside towards Mount Fuji.

dannavy85
Banned

“If you’re so superior!” Astro screamed back. “Let’s see you catch me you stupid moron!”

Astro boosted his burners, the ends of his engines glowing white hot as he led Mordred on a low level chase through the woods, around the hills and over the town of Gotemba at the base of Fuji.

“Hope you like some spelunking!” Astro snarled as he took a sharp downwards dive and flew through a pair of locked gates and into the massive subterranean volcanic caverns
Under the iconic mountain!

“HOW FOOLISH!” Mordred snarled as he called for a backup of sphere’s to come to his aid. “YOU’VE FLOWN INTO A DEATH TRAP! YOU’LL HIT A DEAD END SOONER OR LATER, GIVE UP!”

Astro rolled around and cut loose a flurry of bullets into Mordred’s face. “What’s wrong?! You could have caught me by now! Look…I’ll even slow down for you!”

Astro stopped short, dropped to his feet as Mordred blasted by him and flew the other way past the spheres that were trying to chaser him. “TOO SLOW STUPID! WHERE’S THIS SUPERIOR BAIN OF YOURS?!”

Mordred was snarling mad! He fired burst after burst of arm cannon shots at the brattish trickster as he rolled, ran and dodged around rock formations, tight corners and crags. “Did I say…Superior? I meant to say “Stupidior!”

Astro rounded a corner and shot down a large empty lava tube with Mordred and his spheres closing the distance behind him! “YOU’RE ABOUT TO HIT A DEAD END ASTRO! YOU CAN NOT ESCAPE THE WILL OF THE UNIVERSE!”

Astro rolled around snarled back. “THEN SHUT UP AND SHOOT ME IDIOT!”

Mordred built up and cut loose two large blasts from his arm cannon and Astro was caught for sure, vanishing in a haze of blue and white light as one of the energy blasts connected with its target…

Or so he thought.

Astro suddenly emerged from the fireball, slammed into Mordred and threw him hard onto the lava tube floor before he exploded through the roof and left Mordred stumbling to recover his footing…

He had enough time to look up and see the onrushing swirl of hot molten lava barreling down on him! In all his rage and confidence, he had forgotten where he was but the two cannon shots didn’t, they broke through the plug at the end of the lava tube and caused a violent eruption to surge from Mount Fuji’s magma chamber!

Astro broke through the ground and flew skywards just as a column of magma and explosive gases raced up behind him in a swirling geyser of molten rock. Astro gasped and readied himself as he saw Mordred burst from the column, a red hot, mis-shapen, almost unrecognizable mess that drifted upwards until it reached a state of near weightlessness in front of a smirking, headshaking Astro…

“Hmph! Consider yourself obsolete.” Astro said as he whirled around and round housed the now melted robot into a shower of sparks, flame and destroyed pieces of junk.

And with him…so went the spheres around Tokyo as they fell to earth. At first it was met with silence, then the silence became a slowly growing cheer, then it became a tidal wave of joy!

Astro heard it but his head turned towards something else. He flashed into a blur of colors and streaked towards the West, towards China.

The Five Gorges Dam.
China

Sing ran along the top of the upper tier, now slowly but inescapably being topped by the massive river behind it. “GO! RUN! SAVE YOURSELVES!” He screamed as he snatched workers by their shirt and jackets and tossed them into flight. It wouldn’t be long, perhaps minutes before the upper tier couldn’t hold back the mighty waters. The hell it was about to unleash upon the poor masses unable to escape resolved Sing to stay and stand to the last. With the water starting to rush over his feet he closed his eyes only to miss the blur that flew by his head and crashed through one of the access doors to the tier’s lower machinery levels!

Astro flew down the winding concrete stair case and plunged into the rapidly filling machinery room, flipping on his eye lights as he swam around looking for the main water pumps. He finally found them in an adjoining room and stopped at the main power panel, ripping the cover off and scanning over the bank of fuses and power cables.

The water pressure surging through the interior of the dam was starting to get violent as Astro pulled two cables from the box and pushed them into his chest. “Let’s see what this new power source the Doc came up with can do!”

The water around him suddenly took on a brilliant hue of blue and a torrent of bubbles exploded forth from the seven massive pumps as they kicked to life!

dannavy85
Banned

Sing was holding on for dear life on the walkway above as the river began to surge around him. He expected death to come any second but he suddenly opened his eyes to find the water dropping from his waist…

“What?” He said to himself as he looked around. The thundering sound of escaping water had eclipsed the terrible sound of water topping the upper tier as the main drainage gates sprang open!

He ran to the water level indicator and counted the ever shrinking numbers, collapsing to his knees in joyous gratitude as the numbers doubled, then tripled, then quadrupled exponentially back to the safety level marker.

Dawn…The next day.

In the early morning, the USS Snark crashed through the Dolphin tank gates at the Ministry of Science. With their Captain at the head, the crew stormed the Ministry building and arrested most of those who had sided with Mordred. Doctor Ramage was no where to be found, having long since slipped away in the chaos that followed Mordred’s end.

Inspector Towashi and Captain Britan’s tanks took the national constabulary. Across Japan, officers once imprisoned or in hiding re-captured their precincts. His first act as the new national commissioner of police was to toss Rock into solitary confinement. He later escaped and remains at large.

His Imperial majesty Mitsuhito took command of the Self-Defense forces and warned that he himself would lead them against the traitors if they failed to surrender. The order was wisely obeyed.

Kenichi welcomed Miss Myoki back to Elementary School 12 as its new principle. Her first order was for the children to clean up the mess they had made during their rebellion.

Astro flew from China in the afternoon to re-awaken three of Russia’s nuclear power plants and prevent its worst national disaster since World War II.

By the evening of that joyous day, Emperor Mitsuhito stood on the steps of the shattered Diet Building to proclaim that peace had been restored. The diet building would remain a burned out hollow reminder to what had almost been lost. He proclaimed a day of celebration wishing to decorate Astro and the others who risked their lives to save Japan and the world…

Astro didn’t show up for his medal.

Evening
The tree house

Atlas poked his head up through the trap door opening and shook his head. “I knew it.”

Astro was enjoying a bowl of ice cream, a mountain of gooey molten sticky goodness, dribbles of it flowing down his chin and onto his stomach as he sat licking the spoon while Atlas sat pursing his lips and making faces…

“Here sits the great hero of Japan. The Emperor himself wants to give you a medal, a parade! The Chinese are calling you the Great Savior of the People! School children are singing your name in Beijing! In Russia they want to give you the Hero if Saint Peter the Great medal! The President of the United States wants you to speak before Congress! You have the whole world eating our of your hands!....”

“And where are you?” Atlas said snorting. “Sitting here, eating ice cream and making a mess of yourself?...so typical.”

Astro offered up the bowl. “Want some?”

“You know I hate ice cream.” Atlas snorted. “So…new body, same old annoying dork. Whatcha gonna do now?”

Astro smiled back. “A date. You missed out on Nicky, she’s sweet.”

“Not for me any way.” Atlas smirked. “Probably wouldn’t last.”

Astro placed the bowl aside and wiped his mouth. “Be honest with me? You thought Mordred was right at first didn’t you?”

Atlas snorted. “Tempting…but he had that annoying voice you know? Like scraping a chalk board…I would have had to kick his butt sooner or later. Besides…no one trashes my rival but me!”

Astro smirked. “What a liar.” He thought. “So…I guess this changes things huh? You’ll behave yourself now that you’re a big hero too?”

Atlas stood up and boldly pursed his lips. “Not on your life dreamer! I’m still going to be the bane of humans! Somebody has to keep these fleshies from doing something stupid and is it gonna be you? BAH! I’ll never change! I’m going to keep being a pain in your butt, a thorn in your side and…”

Astro smiled…”Thanks…I kinda want it that way.”

Atlas nodded smartly. “You better…or else I might have to get serious for once.”

dannavy85
Banned

Both bots looked silently at each other for a moment before Astro pushed the bowl aside and stood up. “I guess it’s pointless to try and reform you then. Guess we should go to that party though before Livian and Nicky come after us. It’s one thing to fight an evil robot but another to get beat up by our girl friends don’t you think?”

Atlas wrapped an arm around Astro’s shoulder. “Sure makes life interesting huh?”

“You know it.”

The end

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

Awwwww............... I hope there is season 2
of this this story is so good :w00t:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”