I think Astro's gaining popularity

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
MightyAstro
Robot President

Postby MightyAstro » 14 years ago

I certainly hope it's more than just a fad. Though to be honest I do find it hard to imagine Astro not taking off in popularity.

MangaBottle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MangaBottle » 14 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:Kill joy >>

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I think that Astro doesn't have what it takes to make it big in the US -- I'm just saying that there's a fine line between the genuine fans and those who get swept up in the moment ^_^;

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

now understand please. This is just demographically arrived at. But once Astro was seen as not being a "Gay Symbol" :blush: but was seen as an actual "action hero/Icon" his popularity had to increase because he was acceptable to Mom and Dad as well as Jack and Jill. Numbers are numbers. Once the "Cute Factor" was removed as the primary motivator in the market place, popularity had to improve with tweens. :tenma:
That's just simple math, cute is inversely proportional to post adolescent popularity. Post puberty tweens have the money. Action heros rule, cute little boys drool. :w00t:
Astro was almost completely destroyed by certain factions. But this version has attained #6 at the box office. :lol: :w00t:
Now we shall begin. :ninja:
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Meeshell » 14 years ago

yesh! fad or not ASTRO WILL HAVE HIS MOMENT
and then we can all go HA I TOLD YOU I PICKED THE RIGHT ANIME CHARACTER TO LOVE!

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

"Meeshell" wrote:yesh! fad or not ASTRO WILL HAVE HIS MOMENT
and then we can all go HA I TOLD YOU I PICKED THE RIGHT ANIME CHARACTER TO LOVE!

Personally I don't pick according to whether it is or will be popular, I pick according to whether I like it or not ;) Not being popular is not a reason not to pick something to me.
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

BBally
Metro City Citizen

Postby BBally » 14 years ago

"cybotron" wrote:Astro was almost completely destroyed by certain factions. But this version has attained #6 at the box office. :lol: :w00t:

While only getting at least 7 million and its budget was around 65 mil according to Box Office Mojo, nothing to get all excited about really...... Just sayin :whistling:
Badre El Amir Bally

cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 14 years ago

"Yuusha Senshi Godaiger" wrote:[QUOTE=cybotron;92706]
Astro was almost completely destroyed by certain factions. But this version has attained #6 at the box office. :lol: :w00t:

While only getting at least 7 million and its budget was around 65 mil according to Box Office Mojo, nothing to get all excited about really...... Just sayin :whistling: [/QUOTE]
This is Astroboy not Disney Pixar...6 is great for this stuff.
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Meeshell
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Meeshell » 14 years ago

"fafner" wrote:[QUOTE=Meeshell;92731]yesh! fad or not ASTRO WILL HAVE HIS MOMENT

Personally I don't pick according to whether it is or will be popular, I pick according to whether I like it or not ;) Not being popular is not a reason not to pick something to me.[/QUOTE]

hmm i understand
but none-the-less ppl have put me down for liking this show
and I still wanna HA in there face :unsure: lol

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

Ignore the drones :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles

Star Wars - Exile

astro_mcfly
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby astro_mcfly » 14 years ago

"cybotron" wrote:[QUOTE=Yuusha Senshi Godaiger;92791][QUOTE=cybotron;92706]

While only getting at least 7 million and its budget was around 65 mil according to Box Office Mojo, nothing to get all excited about really...... Just sayin :whistling: [/QUOTE]
This is Astroboy not Disney Pixar...6 is great for this stuff.[/QUOTE]
Indeed! these things take time.
And for real, if you look at the animation studios that are popular now, they all had to start somewhere. Pixar, for example, pretty much had to work things from the ground up. True, Astro Boy has been around for a VERY long time, but I do expect a large number of new fans will stick with him. :)
really, how many characters as genuine as astro do we see nowadays? He is an excellent character, very lovable, and he'll do fine.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”