Hello and Some Stuff

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
rain
Kokoro Robot

Hello and Some Stuff

Postby rain » 14 years ago

Hey there! I'm Rain and I'm new, as you can probably tell. I just got into Astro Boy a couple weeks ago (although I've had the Japanese version of Omega Factor for a while now...), but I'm really obsessed. I watched the American dub of the 2003 series (I'm American, by the way), but I haven't really watched the '80s or '60s series other than a couple of episodes.

This kinda brings me to something else. I don't want to sound rude by asking or anything, but is there any place I can watch the original Japanese version of the 2003 series? I've seen the first 6 episodes on Veoh (which I actually found by looking at this site) but I really want to see some other episodes, like episode 7 and the last few episodes. I've been looking through this forum the last few days, and I've seen that there's been talk before of plans by some people to upload some episodes. Is that still going on?

Again, I'm really sorry if this is rude, and it's nice to meet everyone.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

Welcome rain! :)

I'm not the right person to answer your question, so I will leave it up to somebody else.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

I have a few other episodes in Japanese. However, none of them have subtitles. To my knowledge, only the first 6 have subtitles.

Edit: Done Astro Forever, and at lightning speed :p
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

:lol:

drakeshe
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby drakeshe » 14 years ago

Welcome to our forum!
New Astroboy Forum Design - Preview

Add me on MSN: drakeshe[at]hotmail.com

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Hello there! Nice to see a new Astro Boy fan. Sadly, it's very very difficult to find the Japanese version of Astro Boy '03. Now and then, I see bootlegs being sold on ioffer.com but I don't know about their quality

rain
Kokoro Robot

Postby rain » 14 years ago

Nice to meet you everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome. ^^

I've definitely noticed how hard it is to find the Japanese version. I would love to buy a bootleg if it was good, but unfortunately, there's no way I can. It's a shame, really; the American version is okay for getting the overall point across, but it cuts out or changes a lot of the good stuff...

Uran-chan
Robot President

Postby Uran-chan » 14 years ago

Welcome!.....
I have a the 7 and 8 epesode of that but i have no idea how to transfer it from my computer and its DVD
And totally Its made in taiwan so the opening you will find it unpleasant
But its Japanese And have english sub

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Well, I've ripped things from DVD with a program called "Format Factory."

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”