did the astro boy movie made u cry?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

i cryed when tenma was about to take astros blue core and when ZOG revived him.

Saint Atom
Kokoro Robot

Postby Saint Atom » 14 years ago

i thought the scene when tenma abandoned astro was pretty tear-jerking:
"Dad? Don't you love me anymore?"-Astro
But overall in the end i cried for weeks afterword because they did such a terrible job at the movie (Ex: communist propaganda, elefun's awful portrayal, Stone representing americans as the bad guys, astro not sounding or even looking cute anymore, very short running time, visuals that are nothing special when you compare them to 2003s and 80s for their time)
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :hyo: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

Astro Boy made me emotional but i didn't cry, not to say i wasn't moved by the plot though. Astro's character was something you could relate to.

Off subject, Lovely Bones however had me in tears at the end ;_;

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

I teared up several times, especially when Zog revived Astro. I heard sniffling in the theater at that point too :p

Hikari Tail
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Hikari Tail » 14 years ago

"Saint Atom" wrote:i thought the scene when tenma abandoned astro was pretty tear-jerking:
"Dad? Don't you love me anymore?"-Astro
But overall in the end i cried for weeks afterword because they did such a terrible job at the movie (Ex: communist propaganda, elefun's awful portrayal, Stone representing americans as the bad guys, astro not sounding or even looking cute anymore, very short running time, visuals that are nothing special when you compare them to 2003s and 80s for their time)

Communist propaganda ? huh?, eh you do know that while Tezuka respected and admired Americans artist and cartoons he was not a huge fan of their censorship program and often reminded people of the war crimes they did.

I don't think the movie was repenting anyone from any country Metro City and everyone in the movie was Americanized so every character was a bit American even Dr Tenma,
Like art? like water coloring? like pointless rants ?
http://hikaritail.deviantart.com/
Visit my DA account!

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

and movie Astro was very cute looking and sounding. Not as much as his anime counterparts, but still there

Saint Atom
Kokoro Robot

Postby Saint Atom » 14 years ago

When I talk of communist propaganda I'm not saying Tezuka meant for that but this film had next to nothing to do with a Tezuka story. You could put different characters in the film and no one would second guess that it was supposed to be Astro boy. Go online and you'll find many movie reviewers who were made uneasy by the underlying political message this movie was putting out.
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :hyo: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

It was about equality and choosing life over war. Yeah, nothing Tezuka about that >>

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:It was about equality and choosing life over war. Yeah, nothing Tezuka about that >>

*chuckle* While I agree with those who felt that the political overtones in the movie were obvious, slanted and silly, I think you're spot on about the other, more important messages about finding your place and being accepted - those are very much in the spirit of Tezuka. Astro's preferring not to fight is also in keeping with Tezuka's anti-war message. I really don't think Tezuka would find much to object to in the movie; I think it really respected the source material.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”