uh guys

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Fauna
Beyond the Stars

Postby Fauna » 14 years ago

I always had a theory that Tenma only got a money grant to build Astro by packing him full of military weapons, at least one in every portion of his body. This is pretty much what happened in the American comic, but I don't know. They work well as a last-minute weapon or for when he's cornered... :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. Tenma lover and aficionado since 2006!
Now featuring the Sad Old Dad Squad (The S.O.D.S.)

MegaAstroFan75
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MegaAstroFan75 » 14 years ago

"I plan to build a brand new type of robot. One with a heart, one with a soul, one that is almost human!" - Dr. Tenma, inventor of the kokoro AI system. :D

I liked in the 80's version they say that it seems like Tenma's creating a demon (dubbed to 'weapon'). Remember Tenma was planning a robot of that kind before Tobio died, and when the accident happened Tenma put every weapon possible into the Android Tobio so that his robot son would NEVER be in danger.

Soul Rokkuman
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Soul Rokkuman » 14 years ago

"MegaAstroFan75" wrote:"I plan to build a brand new type of robot. One with a heart, one with a soul, one that is almost human!" - Dr. Tenma, inventor of the kokoro AI system. :D

I liked in the 80's version they say that it seems like Tenma's creating a demon (dubbed to 'weapon'). Remember Tenma was planning a robot of that kind before Tobio died, and when the accident happened Tenma put every weapon possible into the Android Tobio so that his robot son would NEVER be in danger.

:o hmy: that's a very good theory.!

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Yes, I was thinking about something similar. The reason Astro's so incredible and so powerful is he was made out of pure *passion* by his grieving father. That's why no other robot can ever quite match him, even amazing ones like Atlas. (Granted I'm still early on in my anime-Astro viewing, but seems consistent so far lol).

So I think you're right MegaAstroFan75 - it stands to reason he'd pack him with every technology/weaponry available and then some! (I also noticed the Japanese subtitles are MUCH darker [and I think better] than the words they choose to use in the English audio for whatever reason).

drakeshe
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby drakeshe » 14 years ago

If you notice in the 80's beginning, he is crushed by a monster and shoots it with his HIP-guns. (I think thats where I remember it from).
Anyway, if you were pinned down, you too would wish you have a machine gun in your hips.
New Astroboy Forum Design - Preview

Add me on MSN: drakeshe[at]hotmail.com

MangaBottle
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MangaBottle » 14 years ago

"MegaAstroFan75" wrote:Remember Tenma was planning a robot of that kind before Tobio died, and when the accident happened Tenma put every weapon possible into the Android Tobio so that his robot son would NEVER be in danger.

I think in the new movie Tenma pretty much outright says all those weapons are so 'Tobio' doesn't die 'again': "He has the most advance defense systems in the world -- I won't lose him again." Or something like that...

MegaAstroFan75
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MegaAstroFan75 » 14 years ago

Then Astro rebels against Tenma and Tenma blasts him with that shutdown tool and sets fire to the ministry of science! In the 2003 version anyways.

drakeshe
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby drakeshe » 14 years ago

In episode 1 of Astroboy 1980's Japanese version, Tobio asks his dad to make the coolest most powerful robot in the world just before he dies.
New Astroboy Forum Design - Preview

Add me on MSN: drakeshe[at]hotmail.com

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

Tobio asks his dad to make the coolest most powerful robot in the world just before he dies.

And oh dad? Make him with guns out of his butt, that would be so cool....

Alas I'm not too fond of all these upgunned weapons. You had the laser fingers, the arm cannons, the hip guns...it detracts a bit from Astro's nature, he tends to use his brain more than his brawn to defeat bad guys.

clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

Me- " Watch out from behind "
(Astro uses his buttguns)
Me- " Nice shot "
[sigpic][/sigpic] Astro boy is the best :D

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”