AstroRex
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroRex » 14 years ago

I can't wait for the page to "go live"!
[sigpic][/sigpic]I was MADE ready!

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Here we go! All Korean version AVI files now available; ISO files started uploading and will be available in about a week (maybe just a bit sooner). Without further ado, here's the link to get the AVI's (I recommend right clicking and Saving Target As) - thanks again to AstroRex for generously hosting!

http://www.superfantasystories.com/astroboy/

These AVI's were encoded with DivX (I believe), so you'll likely need either DivX or a player like VLC (there are links to both on the file page above) - I can verify VLC works just fine on a "vanilla" computer without any codecs.

Please let me know if you have any problems with any of the files.

Those looking for the very best quality, the ISO's should be worth the wait.

Hopefully these subs can contribue to this bigger project as well and we'll eventually be looking at all 50 eps high quality with subtitles instead of just these 23, but it's a start. =)

animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

Postby animegirlalways » 14 years ago

Thank you very much for the AVIs! :heart:
I have downloaded episodes 1-6 so far and watched part of episode one and they look great. :D
I am currently burning episodes 1-4 onto a DVD.
:astro:

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Great - glad to hear they're working well for you animegirlalways! :lol:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Oh My Gosh, thank you so much for this!
Don't sweat not having the whole series yet. Half the show is better than nothing ;)

Bad Username
Kokoro Robot

Postby Bad Username » 14 years ago

I'm gonna steal the Korean subs for my project if you don't mind. :lol:

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Dragonrider1227, very true. It's a shame they never finished the Korean set, as its an awesome set. I wonder if it came down to sales for the first half or what the reasoning was. At any rate, half's definitely a start. ^.^

Bad Username, go for it! I hope these subs help you/the subbers! I've looked through various episodes (though not watched to completion) and most of the subs look very well-translated indeed.

animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

Postby animegirlalways » 14 years ago

Well, for some reason no matter what I seem to do I can't get a proper burned DVD with the first few episodes. :cry:
They all play beautifully on Windows Media Player, but when I burn a DVD episode 2 and on does this weird thing where there is a slice in the picture and a portion that is missing on the right plays on the left. :confused:
I tried converting to other formats, but found that even though it fixed the sliced picture I loose the widescreen. :d oh:
I have never run into this before. :unsure:
Oh well, I guess I will just have to watch these only on my computer.
:astro:
Last edited by animegirlalways on Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

hmmm, animegirlalways - that is strange. Do you have a dual-layer burner? If so, the ISO's, when they're available (upload is going well if taking its sweet time; on track to be ready by the end of this next week), may be the way to go. I haven't tried actually burning the AVI's to DVD, but it's strange the first one acts differently - they were all encoded using the exact same method.

It would help to know what exactly you're trying to burn the AVI's with. I have issues from time to time burning certain content to DVD. My favorite program so far is ConvertXtoDVD http://www.vso-software.fr/products/convert_x_to_dvd/ from VSO Software for this, and it has a trial available (full featured but apparently integrates a watermark unles registered), though it is commercial software - I haven't tried this process personally using the AVI's, but I will and let you know if I have any issues.

Another thing you could try is recompiling the AVI's with a utility such as AVIRecomp http://www.avirecomp.com and seeing if that makes it more compatible for burning...
Last edited by sgupta on Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Astro Forever
Administrator

Postby Astro Forever » 14 years ago

I'm downloading an episode now. Thanks a lot to sgupta and AstroRex for making this possible. AstroRex, I hope we will not be too hard on your bandwidth. :unsure:

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”