Astro Boy on iPhone app

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Abdico
Kokoro Robot

Astro Boy on iPhone app

Postby Abdico » 14 years ago

Heyyy everyone, I dont know if someone has posted this yet, but today is the day that the Weekly Astro Boy Magazine app for the iPhone/iTouch is ouuuttt (website here)

In case you haven't heard of it, it has a little bit of the Astro Boy manga for you to read, (in english!) along with some of Tezuka's other stuff like Phoenix and Black Jack and another one I can never remember the name of.

This first one is free, but later they'll be releasing them for $.99, I think.

I downloaded it and read it during school today, lol, which was very exciting because I had never actually read any of the manga. The app itself is nice, because it allows you to just tap the screen to jump to the next panel instead of having to scroll around and keep magnifying on the speech bubbles and stuff. As far as Astro Boy goes, the app has like, the first half of the... story with Pluto, the title of which seems to be slipping my mind.

So get out there my friends, and app it up!
Cool your jets.

AstroRex
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby AstroRex » 14 years ago

The app is very cool! I just downloaded it and installed it on my iPod. The comic is good, you just have to get used to tapping the right arrow on the iPod, which scrolls through the comic one picture at a time. Let's see when the next issue comes out...
[sigpic][/sigpic]I was MADE ready!

Abdico
Kokoro Robot

Postby Abdico » 14 years ago

If you just touch anywhere on the outside of the panel that's highlighted while that little bottom bar isn't showing, and it'll automatically go to the next one.
Cool your jets.

sgupta
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby sgupta » 14 years ago

Grrr. I have a touch phone from Verizon/LG, but unfortunately this appears to be iPhone/iPod only. Looks cool though!

Ninjatron
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Ninjatron » 14 years ago

I am told that this will be made available in Canada soon. Other countries too, perhaps?

Sayonara.
Image Image
Image Image

clashing claws
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby clashing claws » 14 years ago

I did get the free download of that app but the free astro boy app only has one comic of astro boy so maybe later I will get the astro boy app that costs $9.00
[sigpic][/sigpic] Astro boy is the best :D

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”