astro's tantrum?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

astro's tantrum?

Postby Bakabits » 14 years ago

Hey guys this is my second post and i am kinda new to astro boy. Just wanted to know what episode was astro's tantrum on in the 60's anime? Can you also give me a link to the episode? Thank you and i hope you will enjoy my time here.
Now active on MyAnimeList

Nora
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Nora » 14 years ago

I donno what episode it was actually I'm kinda curious about that too. But heres a link to a youtube person who has the majority of the 60s, and 03 anime

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=WingedMushroomOfDoom#grid/uploads
I'm a Literary Artist...not the Doctor!

http://shadowedinnocents.deviantart.com/

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

Doesn't Jeffbert have an avatar that shows Dr. Elefun holding a kicking, screaming Astro? (Cute, BTW) Is that image from the episode?

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

89 Gomes’ Ghost (English vers: 80, Horrible King Horrid). It is on disc case 8 & disc 16 of the ELV (set 2).
Last edited by jeffbert on Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bakabits
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Bakabits » 14 years ago

thank you very much! :)
Now active on MyAnimeList

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Found it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmeloLv7-Tw
and I gotta say, Astro throws a funny looking tantrum :lol:
He looks more like he's doing a Tarzan yell here XD
Now, does anyone else want to know how a short, tubby, 68 year old man manages to hold on to a 100,000 horsepowered super robot having a tantrum?

And the way this begins, does it feel like we missed something to anyone else?
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

LOL! Thanks for that. I just wish Astro were having a real tantrum, instead of a fake one. He was acting his (manufactured) age for once. Cute.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

Yeah, our little Atom has always been a bit mature for his age. Probably why they made him thirteen in the movie

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:Yeah, our little Atom has always been a bit mature for his age. Probably why they made him thirteen in the movie

Yeah, I can't see the movie Astro throwing a fit like that. I can see him losing his temper (like when he was fighting the Stone robot) but not have a tantrum.

BTW, I was out at Border's looking for something to read, and came across the Astro Boy movie novel adaptation. If you could call it a "novel" - it was very short, not at all deep, and with pictures from the movie. Maybe a step above a picture book. Phooey. A really good novel could have been written from the movie IMO, given its invention and emotional depth. Anyway, it's clear that some scenes intended for the movie were cut during production - there's a scene in the book where Cora and the gang are chased by junkyard robots and Astro comes to the rescue (on the sly, so as to protect his facade as a human) and there's a scene where Hamegg is arrested along with Astro (he begs to be arrested because the crowd at the arena turns on him. Turns out Hamegg and Pres. Stone have a connection - Hamegg helped him cheat on his report cards or something, and when Stone sees him, he turns to his general and says "I thought you had everyone who helped me cheat my way through school arrested", or words to that effect.) I'm glad those scenes were cut - the junkyard robot fight would have dulled the effect of the battles in the arena, and that Stone stuff is just stupid. :shifty:

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

I only bought the 1st volume of the comic; & at this time have no intention of buying the rest, although doing so would be consistent with my purpose.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”