Do You Think It's Possible...?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Dragara
Metro City Citizen

Do You Think It's Possible...?

Postby Dragara » 14 years ago

We all have questions about Astro and things that may or may not be possible for him, right? I know I have several. I decided to start this thread for everyone to share their questions, thoughts, and ideas about Astro.

And I'm going to go ahead and say here that I know my questions may sound stupid, unrealistic, or something like that, but these are serious questions for me! And my answers to someone else's questions may sound matter-of-fact or whatever, but I don't mean for them to be. I'm just trying to be helpful and answer questions with my knowledge.

OK. So, my question is definitely stupid for the older versions of Astro, but this question is mostly regarding 2009 Astro, since there's nothing saying that he can't be any different from the cartoons, and there obviously are differences (i.e. in the cartoons, everyone automatically knew he was a robot, while in the movie, they initially thought he was a human boy).

So my question is... Does anyone think that it might even be remotely possible for Astro to age in any way? I have theories, but still I wanna hear all of your opinions.

My two theories (don't make fun of them please)-

1. That every year or so, he has his appearance and such updated. (I find this one fairly plausible)

2. I personally believe that, since they had technology advanced enough to scan a hair and get a person's memories from it, then put those memories into a robot, and essentially give the robot a heart and soul, surely aging wouldn't be that much more of a problem for Dr. Tenma and Dr. Elefun to do.

Please give your personal opinions, and ask your own personal questions, but please don't get the conception that anyone is stupid or anything because of their question.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Like art? Fantasy art? Wolf art? Astro Boy art? Inuyasha art? Pokemon art? FAN ART? Vist my DA!

http://www.dragara.deviantart.com/
------------------------------------------------

... No, kitty! This is my pot pie!

XD XD XD XD XD

Sir, we're not putting something that dangerous into something... that dangerous! ~Dr. Tenma, Astro Boy (2009 film)

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

In my theory, Astro is the way he is not just because of the technology Dr. Tenma built into him. He's got the blue core. It is, as Dr. Elefun says, pure positive energy, but it has unknown properties. I like to think that the core not only heals and empowers, but regenerates...and that maybe it took more than just memories from Toby's hair...maybe it pulled enough of Toby's essence out of it to actually regenerate Toby's soul within Astro. I think that Tenma didn't understand that, and so he was able to convince himself that Astro is just a machine. After all, Tenma built him. But the blue core changed everything...

However, the soul is still within a robot body...and that body can't age. Astro will always be the way he is now. And given that, we now have to face the problem of Cora. If she and Astro are in love, where will that love go? She will age; he will not.

Or will she? Why was Astro so attracted to her in the first place? Does she have a secret she hasn't shared with him? Or a secret he's already guessed? (He does have X-ray vision, after all...)
Last edited by Laughing Dragon on Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

I don't see him actually able to age but I could definitely see him getting upgraded. That's his birthday present. Every year they upgrade his body

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

My only problem with the idea of Astro aging is that he's so cute the way he is. I don't want him to change, especially in appearance.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Me too XD

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 14 years ago

I was thinking that Astro would rather age mentally, not physically. That is, growing into an adult, while keeping the body of a child robot.

Of course, it would still be possible to modify his physical body. I suppose that not touching the blue core nor the computer inside him and just modify the external aspect could keep away any possible trouble with the "soul" ;)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

"fafner" wrote:I was thinking that Astro would rather age mentally, not physically. That is, growing into an adult, while keeping the body of a child robot.

Of course, it would still be possible to modify his physical body. I suppose that not touching the blue core nor the computer inside him and just modify the external aspect could keep away any possible trouble with the "soul" ;)

It would be possible, but I'm not sure what the benefit would be...

dannavy85
Banned

Postby dannavy85 » 14 years ago

Physically would be a challange but he would mature computer brain wise, perhaps eventually leaving elementary school for college or at some point he'll finish his school time and go to work in the Ministry as a field scientist.
"You guys have some serious Mommy issues."

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Could you imagine Astro Boy in High School with the High School mentality, but still physically 9-13? XD I'm seeing Hunni Sempi in Ouran High School Host Club XD

Dragara
Metro City Citizen

Postby Dragara » 14 years ago

Well, it's definitely interesting to see what all of you think. Of course, I do kinda love seeing Astro young, and I think that he's perfect the way he is, but... I ask for my fangirlish reasons. X3 But I mean, I know everyone loves him small and adorable, especially his fangirls such as myself, but... people who want to be with him kinda poses the same problem of Astro with Cora- She will age, he (probably XD) will not.

I mean, if Astro was real and you wanted to be with him, you would probably want him to grow up as well, because you will grow up. And it's sad when you can't be with someone because one of you is stuck as a child forever. Of course, I'm not trying to sound mean or anything, or rain on anyone's parade! Please don't take it that way! I'm just giving my opinions.

And thank you all for being so kind as to give your personal thoughts! ^^

So does anyone else have any questions they wanna ask?
[sigpic][/sigpic]

Like art? Fantasy art? Wolf art? Astro Boy art? Inuyasha art? Pokemon art? FAN ART? Vist my DA!

http://www.dragara.deviantart.com/

... No, kitty! This is my pot pie!

XD XD XD XD XD

Sir, we're not putting something that dangerous into something... that dangerous! ~Dr. Tenma, Astro Boy (2009 film)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”