Great idea!

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

:lol:

MegaAstroFan75
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby MegaAstroFan75 » 14 years ago

"Why is it always Mega Man with you? This is an Astro Boy site!" - predicted response or thought from someone.

Answer: Because they're adorable and Mega Man started out as Astro Boy. Literally the Mega Man game was originally going to be an Astro Boy game, but Tezuka's guys backed out and so it went a different direction. So seeing as Mega Man is a descendant of sorts of Astro Boy, i think he's legit.

jeffbert
Minister of Science

What is your source for this statement about Megaman's origin?

MegaAstroFan75
Rocket Ball Champion

"jeffbert" wrote:What is your source for this statement about Megaman's origin?

Here look in the 'trivia' section, second point.

Dr. Tenma
Kokoro Robot

Postby Dr. Tenma » 14 years ago

Is a fan wiki really a valid source? I've looked this up before after seeing it on another forum but I can't find any official sources or anything really credible. The Wiki doesn't even state where it's from.

It would make sense, though- Konami released a Mega Man game for the Famicom the year after Mega Man was released. Assuming the Konami game was in progress already, this would explain why they refused competitor Capcom the rights. Capcom likely put the horse before the cart and started work on it, assuming they would be first, only to find Konami had been a little quicker.

Again though, can anyone confirm this? I would love to think it's the case but... it just doesn't seem concrete enough yet.

MegaAstroFan75
Rocket Ball Champion

"Dr. Tenma" wrote:Again though, can anyone confirm this? I would love to think it's the case but... it just doesn't seem concrete enough yet.

I realize that, but I still mention Astro Boy in the poster. :D It's a different direction to what everyone else did, but it still fits. Mostly I just didn't want a moderator to take it down or kill me for my relating Astro to Mega Man.

But yes I did put in a note in the page's discussion that they should start adding citations, otherwise nobody will take them seriously.

But it doesn't sound entirely impossible. Another game by the name of Warcraft (yes the same as World of Warcraft) I've heard had similar origins as a computer game adaptation of the tabletop game Warhammer, but Games Workshop backed out and so Blizzard created their own fantasy world instead.

Dr. Tenma, jeffbert, go out and search for the truth! Your Research Master commands it! :D

jeffbert
Minister of Science

I do not see any 'trivia' section. :confused:

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

getting back on topic...

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”