Astro Boy 2003 Movie Full

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Postby F-Man » 13 years ago

"Kurosaki59" wrote:[QUOTE=F-Man;128524]Good news! It seems that (at least on videx.jp), the movies are up for digital rental again, since 2011/04/12. Don't know if it works for people outside Japan though. I will definitely try, but should probably look into a possible way to record my PC output first (preferably with something better than a software screen recorder).

Yeah it definitely works for outside of Japan. It'd be weird if they blocked it since... You know, it's just a download. =) The only problem I'm not sure about is how they block it from being used for more than a week. Since it's a video rental on windows. I'm sure they have it protected somehow. Which is smart, seeing as how it's copyright infringement and all that jazz. XD Worse case I could make a script and post it up here or something. I'm free over the Summer so *shrugs*.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, F-Man already mentioned all that. Lol!!! Well, like I said I can give you the script to do your subtitle stuff with.[/QUOTE]

I found software to convert DRM videos into a non-DRM format. As far as I can tell, you can't just remove the DRM, since it's never been cracked, so the software plays the file first and records it.

No problem doing the subtitling, but I'm gonna have to fix this problem I have right now...

I rented the five Astro Boy movies and so far the first two don't work for me. Can you please test something for me? Go to this page, using Internet Explorer:

http://www.videx.jp/info/faq_pc.php

Under Windows, there should be two buttons. Click the first one, and make sure that you get check marks at all the requirement. Then click the second button. This should bring you to a page to open a test video. Doesn't work for me, Windows Media Player opens but gives me an error. What about you?
I'm on Twitter.

Kurosaki59
Kokoro Robot

Postby Kurosaki59 » 13 years ago

Idk I didn't click the first one since it was some weird, like, other way of watching it. I just started with the Windows. I think you need Windows Media Player 10 though? Make sure you have the latest version. I'm still downloading it so I'll let you know.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

I have WMP12, which should work. Maybe they didn't work because I was using Firefox at the time, and the requirements specify Internet Explorer... But I'm scared to try another one. For the first two, Windows Media Player asked me my videx.jp ID and password once, then downloaded an update regarding licenses, and now doesn't even ask my ID anymore, it just gives an error message.
I'm on Twitter.

Kurosaki59
Kokoro Robot

Idk, it worked for me when it finished downloading. How about trying Internet Explorer and download one of the ones you already tried? Be sure to click the right buttons. Use jisho.org if you aren't sure to translate, kk?

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Kurosaki59" wrote:Idk, it worked for me when it finished downloading. How about trying Internet Explorer and download one of the ones you already tried? Be sure to click the right buttons. Use jisho.org if you aren't sure to translate, kk?

Good idea. Unfortunately it doesn't work more with IE. Even the free videos on the site don't work. I'm gonna have to try with another PC, when one's available.

EDIT: works on another computer, yay.
Last edited by F-Man on Fri May 20, 2011 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm on Twitter.

Kurosaki59
Kokoro Robot

Haha, okay, awesome. Well, I'm having a bit of trouble getting all of the words translated. It'd help it if was subbed in Japanese already. Like, Phoenix I can't understand at all 'cept that she's talking about a wide space of joys and sorrows and something about human strength raining... <_<;;;

I'll try my best though~ Maybe that translator of yours can help out too?

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Kurosaki59" wrote:Haha, okay, awesome. Well, I'm having a bit of trouble getting all of the words translated. It'd help it if was subbed in Japanese already. Like, Phoenix I can't understand at all 'cept that she's talking about a wide space of joys and sorrows and something about human strength raining... <_<;;;

I'll try my best though~ Maybe that translator of yours can help out too?

I think the TV series is keeping him busy at the moment, but I'm sure he'll be interested in these movies when I speak to him about them. They're a bit like extra episodes in a sense.
I'm on Twitter.

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

Some screenshots from The Secret of Atom's Birth; Tobio was just too adorable not to share. ;p

I'm on Twitter.

Astro Boy2866
On a Flight into Space

Postby Astro Boy2866 » 13 years ago

"F-Man" wrote:Doesn't work for me, Windows Media Player opens but gives me an error. What about you?

I tried it and a new window comes up, but then a pop up comes up (probably an error message) and then it stops loading. I feel your pain :shifty:
Image Astro Boy|鉄腕アトム [sigpic][/sigpic]

Check out diehard67's forum
Or check out my YouTube channel

F-Man
On a Flight into Space

"Astro Boy2866" wrote:
"F-Man" wrote:Doesn't work for me, Windows Media Player opens but gives me an error. What about you?

I tried it and a new window comes up, but then a pop up comes up (probably an error message) and then it stops loading. I feel your pain :shifty:

If Windows Media Player doesn't even open, then there's still a chance that the videos might work for you. The video test opens up automatically for streaming and requires IE, but the videos you pay for are saved directly to your HDD and yep it works even with other browsers. I would recommend trying one of the free anime samples that you can save to your HDD. I think they may require you to have an account on the site though.
I'm on Twitter.

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”