Astro Boy Image Collection

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TasZero » 14 years ago

Yes, you sound like you know about as much Japanese as myself. I did a year of Japanese a couple of years ago, but, since I haven't used it much since then I only really remember the basics. Although I think with a quick refresher I would be back to where I was.

Knowing the basic structure of the language would be a help if you don't know it (though that might be a bit of work to learn) A lot of names work in groups of two letters syllables the exceptions being vowels and the sound for "n". Sometimes they are also grouped into 3's when two sounds are used together... but I won't go into that.
For example.
a-to-mu
to-bi-o
te-n-ma (although saying it quickly puts the n with the te)
te-zu-ka (same here if you say it quickly (normal for Japanese people) then you might lose the "u" sound)
You get the idea. If there is a name that you really can't figure out, then link the audio clip somehow, someone on here might be able to figure it out.

I assume your doing this as part your other website?
Lets back it up nice and slow now...

jeffbert
Minister of Science

Postby jeffbert » 14 years ago

"TasZero" wrote:I assume your doing this as part your other website?

Only if I cannot get my work published as a book. I have enough content, but it still needs a bit of work.

TasZero
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby TasZero » 14 years ago

Cool, sounds like you have some great plans. I would enjoy seeing that if you ever get it done.

Lets back it up nice and slow now...

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”