Anyone ever think this?

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

To Laharl

Postby UraniumxAtom » 14 years ago

"Uran-chan" wrote:[QUOTE=UraniumxAtom;98636][QUOTE=karl0s;98634]Never thought of it like that, but since Astro and Dr. Tenma are like father and son again at the end of the film, then Astro would have no need for any robot siblings seeing as he ends up with a real family [or at least a real dad]. So Uran wouldn't have a reason to be built at all, besides Cora is like a sort of love interest instead, a bit like Nikki.

... Don't make me dislike Cora. Please? I really do like thinking of Cora as the new version of Uran... It made me happy the night I realized all of their similarities, because I love UranxAtom... So, it made me like CoraxAtom, too. But yeah... The fact that Uran wouldn't be built is somewhat saddening. You have a point, there. Actually, I went to the movie dressed as Uran, because I felt so sad that she wouldn't be in the actual movie.[/QUOTE]

Even shes the newer version of uran its still unpleasant to me
For some explanation i don t know why it doesn't suits me[/QUOTE]
I can understand that, too. :) I sometimes can't even see her as Uran, but its the only way I can seem to accept seeing her... If I don't do that, I'll get upset and I think I shouldn't be upset at Cora at all- she was cool. She didn't die and there was no bomb in her head. That was great. <3
http://www.petitiononline.com/675489/petition.html[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2186&dateline=1273333429[/sigpic]
Click the link!

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

"UraniumxAtom" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;98659]Of course Dr. Tenma could create Uran in a sequel just to give Astro a sibling...

Luke and Leia did NOT look alike - that's why I was taken by surprise when it was revealed they were (fraternal, of course) twins. Uran looks very much like Astro with her spikes going in different directions (but I see that kind of similarity in siblings all the time)

HERE'S the REAL question -- Tobio/Astro doesn't look like Tenma at all! Makes ya wonder about Mrs. Tenma! :whistling:

Yeah, sorry. I worded it wrong. I know they don't look alike. I was just saying I agreed with you and then I went from there to saying my random opinion on twin sets that aren't related. I have a boyfriend who looks almost like he could be my twin brother and we like almost all the same things.[/QUOTE]

:lol: You reminded me of a FEW people who thought my husband and I were brother and sister -- so there you go!! Never really thought it through, but I guess they could be a couple -- it IS true that Astro and Uran are NOT technically "related."

Hmmm never would have considered that pairing if I hadn't joined this forum! :rolleyes:

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 14 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:Of course Dr. Tenma could create Uran in a sequel just to give Astro a sibling...

Luke and Leia did NOT look alike - that's why I was taken by surprise when it was revealed they were (fraternal, of course) twins. Uran looks very much like Astro with her spikes going in different directions (but I see that kind of similarity in siblings all the time)

HERE'S the REAL question -- Tobio/Astro doesn't look like Tenma at all! Makes ya wonder about Mrs. Tenma! :whistling:

Toby must have had his mothers looks. I don't think you ever actually see Mrs. Tenma so that has to be a possiblilty.
Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

Please what happened to Toby's mother is there any mention by Osamu Tezuka? thanks

AprilSeven
Silent Song

I believe in the original manga, she divorced Dr. Tenma after he sold Astro to the circus. But you never see her, and that always irked me.

Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:I believe in the original manga, she divorced Dr. Tenma after he sold Astro to the circus. But you never see her, and that always irked me.

I have the Dark Horse publication of the first "official" Astro Boy origin story, and in it there is no mention of a Mrs. Tenma. :tenma:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Here's what I found about "Mrs. Tenma"

This is on the Tezuka in English site

http://tezukainenglish.com/?q=node/216/

Tenma Hoshie is Tobio's mother. She appears in only one series in the manga, Once Upon a Time Astroboy Tales -- to see the rest check out the link. At the bottom I see Jeffbert's name so we can thank him for uncovering this! :)

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 14 years ago

"AprilSeven" wrote:This is on the Tezuka in English site

http://tezukainenglish.com/?q=node/216/

Tenma Hoshie is Tobio's mother. She appears in only one series in the manga, Once Upon a Time Astroboy Tales -- to see the rest check out the link. At the bottom I see Jeffbert's name so we can thank him for uncovering this! :)

Yes, Once Upon a Time Astro Boy Tales has her in it, She looks like Astro's robot mother. The entire story is in volumes 6, 7, and 8 of the Dark Horse edition, and I recommend it, its great!
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

"AprilSeven" wrote:[QUOTE=UraniumxAtom;98662][QUOTE=AprilSeven;98659]Of course Dr. Tenma could create Uran in a sequel just to give Astro a sibling...

Yeah, sorry. I worded it wrong. I know they don't look alike. I was just saying I agreed with you and then I went from there to saying my random opinion on twin sets that aren't related. I have a boyfriend who looks almost like he could be my twin brother and we like almost all the same things.[/QUOTE]

:lol: You reminded me of a FEW people who thought my husband and I were brother and sister -- so there you go!! Never really thought it through, but I guess they could be a couple -- it IS true that Astro and Uran are NOT technically "related."

Hmmm never would have considered that pairing if I hadn't joined this forum! :rolleyes: [/QUOTE]

lol Yeah I don't think most people do consider that pairing. lol Actually, I usually bring up that topic and people cut me off right away, or say that they'd never think of that. lol
http://www.petitiononline.com/675489/petition.html[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2186&dateline=1273333429[/sigpic]

Click the link!

UraniumxAtom
Metro City Citizen

Mrs. Tenma

"AprilSeven" wrote:I believe in the original manga, she divorced Dr. Tenma after he sold Astro to the circus. But you never see her, and that always irked me.

Yes, she did divorce him. I have a manga book that has the first and secoind books in one and after Atom is in the robot circus, she is hospitalized and dies of heart-attack, without Atom actually knowing. They didn't tell him, even though he really missed her.

Click the link!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”