Astro Boy Coloring Book Complete Scans

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Laughing Dragon
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Laughing Dragon » 14 years ago

"fafner" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;99278]One of the things that irked me in the 2009 movie was that fact that "leisure suit" survived all that action with nary a tear.

Actually, after taking multiple direct hits with missiles from "Spirit of Freedom" and going through a building, he got a scratch on his pants :p
Image[/QUOTE]

And don't forget, Astro's clothes got completely blown off after he entered the Peacekeeper and they both exploded.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

"Laughing Dragon" wrote:[QUOTE=fafner;99287][QUOTE=AprilSeven;99278]One of the things that irked me in the 2009 movie was that fact that "leisure suit" survived all that action with nary a tear.

Actually, after taking multiple direct hits with missiles from "Spirit of Freedom" and going through a building, he got a scratch on his pants :p
Image[/QUOTE]

And don't forget, Astro's clothes got completely blown off after he entered the Peacekeeper and they both exploded.[/QUOTE]

Well at least they didn't use Astro as a billboard for a brand, like Nike or something (although he does kinda fit with that "swoosh" thing).

Miaow
Kokoro Robot

Postby Miaow » 14 years ago

Ahh I've seen them Selling this colouring book before In a shop I think it was...
I didn't buy It :(
Ao No Exorcist Lover ;)

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 14 years ago

"fafner" wrote:[QUOTE=AprilSeven;99278]One of the things that irked me in the 2009 movie was that fact that "leisure suit" survived all that action with nary a tear.

Image[/QUOTE]

His jacket's a little shredded around the edges too
LOL "Leisure Suit" XD Gives me the image of Astro Boy as Leisure Suit Larry! XD
Last edited by Dragonrider1227 on Sun May 23, 2010 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

I thought that whoever made this coloring book, probably (don't forget, since the series was in black and white, no one might have been able to tell), thought that his look was probably similar to that cover illistration. But the truth of his outfit was revealed to the English speaking fans when the Astro Boy 80's series was dubbed. The 80's series was the first time I've seen Astro Boy actually, and I never thought of him as, you know, flying around in his underpants, (although I did have enough sense to know he was shirtless). It's a wonder how many things slip your mind when you're a kid, but when you see them again in your teens, you start to notice stuff.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 14 years ago

"Anime Girl 14" wrote:I thought that whoever made this coloring book, probably (don't forget, since the series was in black and white, no one might have been able to tell), thought that his look was probably similar to that cover illistration. But the truth of his outfit was revealed to the English speaking fans when the Astro Boy 80's series was dubbed. The 80's series was the first time I've seen Astro Boy actually, and I never thought of him as, you know, flying around in his underpants, (although I did have enough sense to know he was shirtless). It's a wonder how many things slip your mind when you're a kid, but when you see them again in your teens, you start to notice stuff.

LOL, flying around in his underpants! :lol:
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 14 years ago

"Uran&Astro1980" wrote:[QUOTE=Anime Girl 14;99315]I thought that whoever made this coloring book, probably (don't forget, since the series was in black and white, no one might have been able to tell), thought that his look was probably similar to that cover illistration. But the truth of his outfit was revealed to the English speaking fans when the Astro Boy 80's series was dubbed. The 80's series was the first time I've seen Astro Boy actually, and I never thought of him as, you know, flying around in his underpants, (although I did have enough sense to know he was shirtless). It's a wonder how many things slip your mind when you're a kid, but when you see them again in your teens, you start to notice stuff.

LOL, flying around in his underpants! :lol: [/QUOTE]

:eek: They're short pants! Really! I swear!!

...okay, maybe they are Hanes...

But really - It never bothered me that he was half naked. I never really thought about it...

Then, of course, you got Uran running around shirtless in the Pluto episode and no one really seems to care... :confused: I mean, yeah it's just like what Astro does, but she's a girl. I think there is a time when Lolicon becomes applicable. (thankfully, this is averted in the 2003 series... :whistling: )

:tenma: < This post is irrelevant and I am selling it to the circus.
Me < :eek:
*dust*

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

"The Tawashi Bus Hat" wrote:[QUOTE=Uran&Astro1980;99316][QUOTE=Anime Girl 14;99315]I thought that whoever made this coloring book, probably (don't forget, since the series was in black and white, no one might have been able to tell), thought that his look was probably similar to that cover illistration. But the truth of his outfit was revealed to the English speaking fans when the Astro Boy 80's series was dubbed. The 80's series was the first time I've seen Astro Boy actually, and I never thought of him as, you know, flying around in his underpants, (although I did have enough sense to know he was shirtless). It's a wonder how many things slip your mind when you're a kid, but when you see them again in your teens, you start to notice stuff.

LOL, flying around in his underpants! :lol: [/QUOTE]

:eek: They're short pants! Really! I swear!!

...okay, maybe they are Hanes...

But really - It never bothered me that he was half naked. I never really thought about it...

Then, of course, you got Uran running around shirtless in the Pluto episode and no one really seems to care... :confused: I mean, yeah it's just like what Astro does, but she's a girl. I think there is a time when Lolicon becomes applicable. (thankfully, this is averted in the 2003 series... :whistling: )

:tenma: < This post is irrelevant and I am selling it to the circus.
Me < :eek: [/QUOTE]

Tenma selling this post to the circus!? :tenma: LOL! That should be a funny YouTube video, Tenma Sells Too Much Stuff to the Circus! :lol: And on that one post I ment to say, and I quote, "I never thought of him as, you know, flying around in his underpants, or shorts, or whatever" :d oh: Sorry. I feel a bit embarrassed about flubbing that one. :blush: And what's a Lolicon anyway? :unsure:
Last edited by Anime Girl on Mon May 24, 2010 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

The Tawashi Bus Hat
Robot President

Postby The Tawashi Bus Hat » 14 years ago

"Anime Girl 14" wrote:Tenma selling this post to the circus!? :tenma: LOL! That should be a funny YouTube video, Tenma Sells Too Much Stuff to the Circus! :lol: And on that one post I ment to say, and I quote, "I never thought of him as, you know, flying around in his underpants, or shorts, or whatever" :d oh: Sorry. I feel a bit embarrassed about flubbing that one. :blush: And what's a Lolicon anyway? :unsure:

Sometimes, the more you DON'T know, the better....hehehe....huh... :( *clears throat*
*dust*

Black Rabbit
Beyond the Stars

Postby Black Rabbit » 14 years ago

Look at Uran, she wears a very short dress. she must get cold all lot. :p
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ... ...
bloop
... ... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... ...
... ... ... ...