It's a Cobalt thread thingy! 8D

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Sporkia
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Sporkia » 14 years ago

I personally liked how Cobalt looked in the anime, cuz I could actually tell the difference between him and Astro. When I first saw Cobalt in the manga, I couldn't tell the difference at all unless somebody called him by his name, or he was in the same panel with Astro. But, after awhile, it got a whole lot easier to tell. XD

Faram45
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Faram45 » 14 years ago

The Blue Knight in Astro boy 2003's name is Cobalt.

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 14 years ago

"Faram45" wrote:The Blue Knight in Astro boy 2003's name is Cobalt.

Wait, WHAT!? O_O You're kidding me!?

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 14 years ago

Awesome thread. Jetto is the man, too bad he hasn't been sighted for 50 years
Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Don't forget his "other" name: Jetto

Postby AprilSeven » 14 years ago

Jetto -- extremely odd, seeing as how the poor guy DIDN'T have jets. Soooo maybe it was supposed to be Jet-0 (zero?) At least it wasn't Jello! :hyo:

Cobalt is a much better name. I know I'm guilt of always "growing up" Astro and his siblings, but I can't help it -- I always see old-as-young and vice-versa ---so anyway -- I see Cobalt growing up to be a COWBOY. I mean -- Look at him (I'm thinkin' anime -- not manga). Kinda long, lanky and bowlegged (on those roller-skates). I see him being a great horseman -- kinda laid back and low stress.

Astro is totally Type A -- and Uran (sorry) is a "princess/diva" -- they're both the "star" children. Cobalt is the robot for the REST of us "regular" folks out here. Not dumb -- just blessedly average -- and I think he could be an ANTIDOTE to Altas and Uran. You KNOW he's related to AB -- but he's not all wrapped up in the drama. Heck he even cries and leaks oil. And he kinda looks more like Dr. Tenma (tall and skinny, whereas Astro has some heft). And he doesn't have the big puppy-dog eyes, so he can't get over on you with cute faces. Nope, he's more like a REAL PERSON who got born into a family with two superstars.

hmmmm I didn't realize I cared for him so much!! Shame on Tenma for junking him! Guess you could say I am a robot right-to-lifer!! :p
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

What is Cobalts story anywhere? I've not got the volume that he's in yet and I didn't know he leaked oil o.o

Beyond the Stars

Postby avatargirl » 14 years ago

Please how is ASTRO BOY type A- AND I LOVE THOSE PUPPY DOG eyes- i can't resist them- so adorable

karl0s
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby karl0s » 14 years ago

Awesomeness

Sig and avatar thanks to Alittleacorn :lol:

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

"karl0s" wrote:Image
Awesomeness

*sings* That's amoreeee :heart:

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 14 years ago

"Alittleacorn" wrote:What is Cobalts story anywhere? I've not got the volume that he's in yet and I didn't know he leaked oil o.o

Well in the manga, when Astro went missing and there was a bomb by some sea near Japan, Dr. Elefun made Cobalt as a sort of subsitute for Astro, togo find the bomb. Well while he was looking for the bomb, he found Astro and they worked together to stop it. But in the 60's anime, Cobalt was a prototype of Astro that Dr. Tenma didn't like, so he put Cobalt (named Jetto in the English dub), in some trash pile in the Ministry. Cobalt wasn't scrapped or anything, but when they dumpped the trash on a garbage dump, that's when Cobalt woke up. Dr. Elefun tells Astro about this, so Astro goes to look Cobalt, who has been walking around town, unknowingly causing trouble with his clumsiness. Oh and he did leak oil in one episode of the anime. In the last episode (The Greatset Adventure on Earth, only in Japanese with subtitles), when the siblings were laying out their beds to dry in the sun after laundry, Cobalt apparently wet his bed, because his oil cap was loose. Poor thing.
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”