Astro Boy 2003 Redub/Uncut

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Astro Boy 2003 Redub/Uncut

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

I'm going to compose an e-mail and send it to a company called Funimation, requesting the redub/uncut version of the 2003 anime Astro Boy.

Funimation have done a redub before with the anime One Piece that was originally dubbed by 4Kids. Funimation later picked up rights for the anime not only for that redub, but that also had less editing to this content. (Thanks to Dragonrider for this info)

If you are already aware, the 2003 Astro Boy suffered heavy censors from simply things such as violence, to the absurd of Astro playing with toys to hugging another character, even the love between father and son was cut. Not only that, but music composed by Takashi Yoshimatsu and theme songs from Zone, Chemistry and M-Flo were replaced by futuristic space music that did the original no justice.

The objective of this thread is to outline the thoughts of you, the fans, on what you would want on an 2003 Astro Boy redub. Such feed back will be vital as I'll be sending this link in the e-mail to Funimations, so every person's view will count and be of great help.

(For more information on some of censors in Astro Boy, follow this link.)

EDIT:: Here's Fanimation's e-mail if you'd like to contact them.

feedback@funimation.com
Last edited by Alittleacorn on Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LLM
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby LLM » 13 years ago

I feel that they should just sub/dub the original Japanese version, no cuts.
My Astro Boy paper dolls, happily under my monitor.

fafner
Cosmic Ranger

Postby fafner » 13 years ago

Same here: original music, no cuts, and at least English subs. Subs in other languages and an English dub would be neat, but personally I can live without it :)
The real sign that someone has become a fanatic is that he completely loses his sense of humor about some important facet of his life. When humor goes, it means he's lost his perspective.

Wedge Antilles
Star Wars - Exile

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 13 years ago

What IS Funimation's e-mail address?

Alittleacorn
On a Flight into Space

Postby Alittleacorn » 13 years ago

"Dragonrider1227" wrote:What IS Funimation's e-mail address?

I found it here.

feedback@funimation.com

Astro_Kitsune
Kokoro Robot

Postby Astro_Kitsune » 13 years ago

I agree~! no cuts- how could they in the first place... so much emotion lost

Anime Girl
On a Flight into Space

Postby Anime Girl » 13 years ago

A redub would be cool too. Maybe Funmation could redub the 80's series too, since the first two episodes were hacked together (although suprisingly the rest was unedited). If they have auditions for a redub, I wanna voice Uran. :D
You're not a joke, you fit right in!
So shake it off, and give a grin. Don't be afraid to stand your ground! Crazy, noisy BIZARRE Town!

Astronomical girl
Banned

Postby Astronomical girl » 13 years ago

I too agree the best scenes in any anime are in the subbed and uncut.

the dub is like they took out the smile from Mona Lisa, it isn't important but it makes her image.
Unyongnekasayo

animegirlalways
Metro City Citizen

Postby animegirlalways » 13 years ago

I would love to buy a domestic uncut release of the 2003 Astro Boy series!!! :heart:

I don't mind if its just Japanese with English subtitles either (I usually prefer to watch anime this way anyway), but if the release had both Japanese and English audio options that would be a great bonus. :astro:

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

I want the real thing, as it was supposed to be broadcast - no cuts, not editing, please. I don't mind reading subtitles if making a vocal dub is more problematic. Just give us - worldwide - the opportunity to watch our favorite anime in it's most authentic form. Thanks!!
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”