05 The Best Robot Talent In History (JET MARS)

Talk about all things Astro Boy!
cybotron
Robot Revolutionary

Postby cybotron » 13 years ago

I've never seen Jetter Mars. Is he armed with photonic weapons like Astro?
Well it's the same storyline from "The Birth of Astroboy" episode 1 of the 60's Astroboy!
Reworked in color. But the design is the same mostly.
With Cacciatore = Hammegg.
MMMM mmmm good!....
Rabbit Cacciatore! Mmm yummy 4 my tummy! :lol: :lol: :p
[sigpic]http://www.astroboy-online.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=200&dateline=1323970671[/sigpic]Safe :ninja:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Postby Dr. Jerk » 13 years ago

Jetter Mars doesn't have super powers like Astro does.

He can fly though, but only if his cape is opened. Also, unlike Astro, he can grow physically.

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

I watched this episode in Spanish (which I understand about 1/2) and the main theme seemed to be for Mars to "Resistir" or resist. But I was confused as to what he was resisting? Being impulsive? Controlling his strength?

Any clues?

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"Xenops" wrote:I watched this episode in Spanish (which I understand about 1/2) and the main theme seemed to be for Mars to "Resistir" or resist. But I was confused as to what he was resisting? Being impulsive? Controlling his strength?

Any clues?

You may want to elaborate more on that.

See, Dr. Yamanoue in the original had created Mars' body, and named him Mars after the god of war. His intention with Mars was to be a super powerful robot capable of immerse destruction. Dr. Kawashimo created his brain, and wants him to live a life of good purpose and peace instead.

So in some ways, Yamanoue is parallel to Tenma whereas Kawashimo is parallel to Ochanomizu.

Xenops
Rocket Ball Champion

Postby Xenops » 13 years ago

"Dr. Jerk" wrote:
You may want to elaborate more on that.

See, Dr. Yamanoue in the original had created Mars' body, and named him Mars after the god of war. His intention with Mars was to be a super powerful robot capable of immerse destruction. Dr. Kawashimo created his brain, and wants him to live a life of good purpose and peace instead.

So in some ways, Yamanoue is parallel to Tenma whereas Kawashimo is parallel to Ochanomizu.

I understood about the conflict between the professors, I was just curious about that one episode because that theme of "resisting" seems absent from the other episodes I watched. Dr. Yamanoue, Miri, and the debilitated clown robot all asked Mars to "resist!"

Or it could be they're like Calvin's dad: "Calvin, do something you hate! Being miserable builds character."

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

Well, that really depends on the situation that was happening right then and there.

AprilSeven
Silent Song

Postby AprilSeven » 13 years ago

I notice that they gave Hamegg brown skin - interesting - to change him from the original design, perhaps? (even though it's only a color?) Popeye is brown too -- but blatantly Popey -- and I'm pretty sure I read that Tezuka was a big Popeye fan.
Image Sig artwork by Alittleacorn!

I-Am-Atom's-Sister
Robot President

Postby I-Am-Atom's-Sister » 13 years ago

Wow. Took me a while to catch on there. XD
This is a movie? Or, what?
Clothed Astro = cute little robot kid;
Naked Astro= Big damn hero.
~Shirubie

I :heart: :astro:

Dr. Jerk
On a Flight into Space

"AprilSeven" wrote:I notice that they gave Hamegg brown skin - interesting - to change him from the original design, perhaps? (even though it's only a color?) Popeye is brown too -- but blatantly Popey -- and I'm pretty sure I read that Tezuka was a big Popeye fan.

He was. Popeye appeared often in several of his manga.

I think he was more of a Superman fan though. He even became chairman of a Superman fan club in Japan, according to TO.net.

Dragonrider1227
Robot Revolutionary

Postby Dragonrider1227 » 13 years ago

Jetter's gal pal is pretty cute :)

Return to “Astro Boy Discussion”